A question TWS

Discussion in 'Options' started by hajimow, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Nice tip.

Does the "Save settings to server" even work to bring up settings on another computer for anyone? Didn't for me.

#11     Jun 13, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

save settings on server may or may not work. all depends on your setup,number of monitors,resolution etc. i propose long time ago, that when you use those settings from IB's server-first thing it should do is to check,how many monitors do you have and if your settings are stored for multiple monitors,but now you have only one-modify them fo fit everything on one screen.
    if you store your settings on IB server using PC with multiple monitors and charts are open and all over the place-good luck using those settings on PC with single monitor or different resolution. even worse-you can't just delete those settings...
    if your TWS is on right monitor and main monitor is left one and you login from PC with single monitor-that was fun also..the "proper way" should be to store settings for each TWS instance on server separately for each PC.

as for copying your settings from once pc to another-you click on file->restore settings-next window will show you folder it's name where your settings are stored. write it down,click cancel and copy entire folder. or use method above with "save settings as"

#12     Jun 13, 2010
  3. spindr0

spindr0

What do the number of monitors and their resolution have to do with saving an IB page layout (symbol, bid, ask, last, change, vol, etc.) in order to transfer it to another computer? The page layout is the same whether you use a single monitor or multiple monitors. It seems as if you're suggesting that your hardware settings affect what IB saves and I don't think that's the case. Well, whatever....

#13     Jun 13, 2010
  4. moarla

moarla

if you have saved the settings on the IB server, then you can migrate/copy your settings to an other username:
    on the login menu choose the option "view all options" then you can see the option (copy settings (i dont remember the exact words but you will understand what i mean))
    after that you will be asked the username from where you like to copy and its done

#14     Jun 14, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

try it. size of TWS instance on your screen does depends on current resolution of your monitor, doesn't? i'm not talking about bid\ask\last. i'm talking about charts positions,menu positions and rest of the other windows positions.
    or like i said in example-on two screen setup, TWS positioned on right screen,while main screen(screen with taskbar) is the left one. save your settings and then-login into same account on PC with single monitor.good luck finding your TWS.

#15     Jun 14, 2010