A question to people that don't "believe" in TA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by tommo, Mar 23, 2006.

1. on the other hand for short term stock trading i do use limit orders and make th estock come to me or i don't want it.....and don't care if i miss it.........that is short term stock trading............long term i don't really care just enter the trade online and get the market order ..........long term..........ym i am entering at market and entering in range............where system says high percentage trade coming........

#121     Mar 28, 2006
  2. ========================

Right , porgie ,you can do a lot with limit orders;
    especially if you are familiar with the stock/derivative.

When it's obvious a nice trend is underway, a market order can come in handy also.

You have pretty good timing & experience to use market order in a YM range;
    would especially use a limit order entry/exit then.
    :cool:

#122     Mar 29, 2006
  3. i don't understand the fuss about limit orders scalping a wham bam market like YM intraday.......u either know when to enter or u don't.......it changes with severity of angle......

#123     Mar 29, 2006
  4. porgie, like i said YMMV

my entries are all about statistics

i have several setups (about 8 that i use consistently)

and every single one has a very well researched risk/reward ratio, win %age etc.

this can be skewed by other factors that i watch that are a bit more subjective (my analysis of market internals and pit noise for example), but in general i play the odds game

and the odds game IN MY CASE has clearly shown (n=a lot) that setting my entries with limit orders signficantly improves my net (after commissions profit), since many of my exits are merely +6, 1 whole point is commission (roughly $2 each side), so every extra point matters

when i get enough capitalization to trade DD, this won't be AS big a deal, as the commission is the same per trade (iirc), however there is 5 times the gain per point, so commissions a smaller part

regardless, i like to own the spread

ESPECIALLY in Nikkei, where it is really advantageous

but when i need to exit fast i will -on market. "don't be a d*ck for a tick" and all

#124     Mar 29, 2006
  5. whitster,

I truly don't mean to challenge anyone else's strategies, etc........unless they are blowing smoke which i know you are not............we get out YM on a few.......yes the spread will kill..........the 10 min chart typical bar size is large enough to usually capture point target most of the time........it is obvious to gain the greatest advantage we need to sell high and buy low on that bar...possibly the next.....or so......usually the entry bar is the exit bar........i don't just grab an entry in any old range....with any old angle....we almost never hear the term"severity on angle " mentioned here......... ......there is a setup that is highly accurate.......we are entering at about the same points.......i am sure, yet i don't care just as you don't care....we both have what we need to succeed....... .....sounds easy,.......we both know that is not the case for most.........unless one has a system as you do, and i do, that has enormous backtesting numbers to back it up, then it is extremely difficult..........my theory is get in and get out instead of trying to trail the stop....guess the S?/R?.i don't care if s/r holds r not.........my system will give signal if it bounces off or breaks thru...latest news, etc. and many other distractions.....and getting stopped.

#125     Mar 29, 2006
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

thank you for making your sentences more complete recently

#126     Mar 29, 2006
  7. porgie writes like ee milne on acid :)

#127     Mar 29, 2006
  8. porgie has no need to impress others here as it usually comes out how much smoke they blow........if they were hot they wouldn't be on these loser forums........i only post here for grins.....and to irritate the irritable.........paper traders really find these forums a good place to become legends in their own m inds.........ego is not my game.........my broker asked me the other day "where did u learn this stuff".......i said the hard way........i earned it.........i have it and it is not for public consumption............gift or sell...........keeping it in the family.......it is very coded with numbers never to be found by others .......almost impossible.........my moving averages are not moving averages u can find........u might find them but not in the correct combination to work like mine do............whitster.....u finally showed what you have ...........not much class.....i never got personal wit h you and you showed something to me......you are a wannabe trader........real traders maintain some character......you blew it...........acid......i , unlike u have never even gotten close to puffing a joint much less acid......

#128     Mar 29, 2006