A question on TradeStation's data import abilities.

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by cascade, Jan 4, 2010.

1. cascade

cascade

Hello EliteTraders,

I have a very specific question about TradeStation and it's data capabilities.

I have a fundamental data set; earnings revisions history, for about 5000 stocks.

I would like to import this data into the dataset in TradeStation via CSV or ASCII format.

I would then like to incorporate the data by creating an indicator with the data set, and then also, backtesting all stocks with that new data set incorporated in.

Can TS do this?? Or is the data in TS locked 'as-is'. That is, the data provided by TS is the only data you can use and furthermore ... even if you could add that very 'specific' and 'unique' dataset to the database, which is 'unknown and foreign to the EasyLanguage function reference database, you certainly couldn't import and parse all that data on a mass scale so that it attaches to each corresponding stock.

If anyone has experience with TS that can answer this please do.

Also, I just want an idea of how hard it is in general to import your own data on a mass scale like this to customize the database.

I have my own sources of data and they usually come in CSV format and I would like to import them regularly if possible and ... on a mass scale.

These things include activities such as importing macro data from the Federal Reserve, and creating synthetic indicators.

I have explored TS, and I'm pretty sure you can't do this. And that they are pretty intent on keeping their datasets proprietary and locked, so that no tampering can happen.
    Whereas only some programs can, like Amibroker.
    Sometimes I would like to be able to use my own data. Can TS do this??

Thankyou in advance.

Kind regards.