A question on requirements

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sgcact, May 15, 2009.

  1. sgcact


    Next week I'm going to talk to a member of the CBOT about being a clerk for him on the trading floor. If he hires me, after a while he'll give me a chance to trade. What are the requirements for being a clerk and/or trader on the trading floor? I thought I saw something about having to pass a hand signal test on the CME's website but that's all I really know. Some places say I have to get fingerprinted and a background investigation. Really? A friend of mine trades electroniclly for a prop firm at the CBOT and he didn't have to do anything other than a credit check. Thanks for any info.
  2. 1) To become a clerk, floor trader or floor broker, there are written exam(s) having to do with trading, hand signals and regulations. There will be a background check of your past. Your "financials" may be looked at too. As long as you haven't done anything blatantly stupid, you ought to be okay.
    2) To become a prop trader is less stringent because the prop firm is more responsible for its traders instead of the exchanges.
  3. sjfan


    fingerprints and piss test is pretty much common in all major financial institutions.