A question for those of you who own blogs and websites

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brandonf, Apr 18, 2009.

1. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

Welcome to my ignore list.
    You're a snake oil salescammer and liar of the highest order.

I'm here to listen and debate trading, not to listen to you scam constantly, marketing.

Piss off!

#11     Apr 19, 2009
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I love it when people say "Welcome to my ignore list". Why should I care? You should at least not ignore this last message though.

If you have some proof that I'm a liar I'd like to have you present it right here on ET. If I am a liar, or am involved in some sort of scam, I want you to come back here and show the world.

This is your chance to discredit me and chase me off this place for ever.
    If you can not find the proof that I am a liar then you can apologize and all will be forgiven.

If you have not done one of those two with in five days here's what I'm going to do.

District Attorney's have now been going after people for criminal liable and slander based upon shit they think they can toss at legimate business on the internet. You think that because you are hiding behind a "handle" that no one can find you and you can say whatever you want.

I will have my attorney get a subpoena to find out who you really are. If I can not pursue criminal charges I will pursue civil charges, I may or may not win, but I'm sure I have at least as much money to spend on an attorney as you do.

I'm sick of this bullshit. I will not have my honesty or integrity challanged without cause by you or anyone of the other pissed off and bitter failures on this site. I do not have any problem with a person who disagrees with me saying so, or a person who doesnt like me saying that as well. As I said though am not going to allow my integrity and honesty to continue to come under baseless assault.I have never sued anyone in my life, nor have I ever thought I would..but I'm getting sick of this.

You have five days. Put up or shut up.

sincerely,
    Brandon Lee Fredrickson

#12     Apr 19, 2009
  3. That is a totally unnecessary and uncalled for comment. I don't know Brandon personally, but in all the years I've been on ET, he has exhibited nothing but professionalism (except sometimes when people like you get under his skin and he goes off on them, deservedy so). Not only that, but he has contributed an inordinate amount of help and advice for FREE to many who have asked for it. What is it exactly that you have done for this community during your tenure here?

#13     Apr 19, 2009
  4. So, you've done work for the President's dog? Ha Ha. Just kidding. I actually know Bo Yoder. Coincidentally, my first name is Bo as well, and ever since the President announced the name of his dog, I've been getting all kinds of grief as a result. I just tell them that I'm honored that the POTUS would name his dog after me... :)

#14     Apr 19, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Bo is one of the best guys out there. He's the first employee I've ever had, he cares greatly about everything he does, and has been a great friend for years. I've enjoyed working with him again over the last few months as we get his product back online.

Brandon

#15     Apr 19, 2009
  6. Oh oh...

http://www.citizen.org/litigation/briefs/IntFreeSpch/cases/articles.cfm?ID=14267

http://www.law.com/jsp/llf/PubArticleLLF.jsp?id=1166695602960

List of interesting cases at this link...

http://www.cyberslapp.org/search/

-----------------

*** Those protecting those that post anonymously online...

http://www.eff.org/about

-----------------

By the way, a lot of forum or blog owners have the following like statements in their Terms of Use (TOU) policy...

...You agree that you are fully responsible and legally liable for the content that you post...

Wouldn't Baron need to be supoena to force him to cough up the IP address so that one could suboena the ISP of the anonymous poster. :confused:

Also, looking at Baron's posted conduct rules...

http://www.elitetrader.com/conduct_rules.cfm

Brandonf...surely you don't want to waste your time, energy and funds in going after someone like this although it's well documented that many have done such elsewhere. :confused:

Last of all, it seems like most of the legal cases involve companies going after anonymous posters because they felt it was having a negative impact on their business.

Thus, seems like you may have more weight about this if you were a sponsor here at ET instead of just a member.

P.S. I'm not a lawyer. I just thought your post was interesting considering Baron himself once mentioned he has received subpoenas before in the past although he never elaborated further with any details.

Mark

#16     Apr 19, 2009
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I would not go after Baron for half a cent, he's been nothing but great to me over the years.

My only point of contention is people who think they can hide behind a made up name and question my integrity. I'm right here every single day using my real name for the world to see.

Ljml can end this very easily by an apology. I've gotten upset before said stupid stuff, and so if that is all this is I can understand and forgive that.

However I won't continue to have my integrity assaulted by people who are bitter at the world and figure they should take it out on me.

Ljml's other option is to prove that I am a liar and con man, which he won't be able to do.

If he doesnt do either of these two things, then he will be doing a third thing which is getting sued.

Again though I want to make it very clear I have no issue at all with ET or Baron. He can no more control what some hothead on a message board says then I can. The person making the false statements though can be held liable for them, and in this case unless either an apology comes forward or proof is given he will be.
    Brandon

#17     Apr 19, 2009
  8. ET has really turned into a joke of a message board. And this thread is waay off the charts in terms of being a sad joke. Two quotes immediately come to mind:
    Brandon, let me be perfectly clear: BULLSH*T !!

Can I be any more clear Brandon?

Brandon, you throw around huge numbers like the guy with the small penis who always brags how large he is. With all this big money you always seem to make, why is it that you aren't even a millionaire?? You recently admitted your net worth is much less than a million. So go ahead and sue me mr. snake oil marketing guru.

And here's the topper..the coup de gras..the Ultimate QUEEN of snake oil has returned on this very thread !!

Tony Oz, the original queen of snake oil, has returned to seek help from the newest member of the snake oil community.

With comedy like this, it's hard to break the ET habit!

#18     Apr 19, 2009
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

To me yes, it is worth it. I've never had a problem with people disagreeing with me. I've never had a problem with anyone who doesnt think there is any value in the products or services I provide, or people who don't like me. That's just life.

I do have a problem though that some people have started to call my personal honesty and integrity into question. As a business person that is the only asset I have, and with the Internet now the reputation you build is forever. I'm not going to have someone calling me a cheat and liar just because he's angry.

It won't take too much of my time, I've already spent a few minutes on the phone with an attorney friend of mine. It will cost me some money, but I'm willing to spend it.

All I want is for Lmj to either prove that what he said is true or to apologize. Either of those would cause me to stand down.

Like I said I've never sued anymore before and I don't want to start now either really..but I'm also tired of my integrity being called into question because I make a living selling something.

Brandon

#19     Apr 19, 2009
  10. Yes...it's obvious people can be held liable but it seems like only when the comment causes a company or an individual a financial loss or some sort'uv negative impact on the company.

Further, I've only heard of cases person vs. person (not person vs. company) when someone was physically harmed due to anonymous posted commentary.

There's a few ongoing well known cases thanks to the media blasting it all over the TV where people have been arrested (criminal cases) for their online commentary that encourage someone to hurt someone or cause someone to commit suicide.

Simply, if your feelings are just hurt or you're rubbed the wrong way...

Best to do what you said to TraderZones and move on knowing they can't do the same to you for your commentary about them (using TraderZones as an example).

Mark

#20     Apr 19, 2009