A question for RTharp about Echo SanDiego.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Speedracer, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VOLUME

VOLUME

Are you under the assumption that I really care if you ever step foot into an Andover office? Don't....keep using whatever software you are now.
    BTW- "you're" means "you are".......and you thought my posts didn't contain any helpful information.

#21     Aug 30, 2002
  2. reg

reg

No answer from Robert Tharp? Why is this whole thing being kept as such a big "secret"? It's not like people won't eventually find out.
    FWIW, I think R Tharp is the most overrated member on this board. He's the type of guy who's a legend in his own mind. If his last name was Jones, people wouldn't even bother with him.
    I've met and talked to this kid, and he's a fruitcake.

#22     Aug 31, 2002
  3. Well REG I'm not answering because I legally can't. I'm bound by contract to not say a word and I plan on following my contract.

so again

no comment...

Now if you wish to attack me go ahead. I'm not interested in impressing you. Go ahead and be bitter at me. You can continue to just tread water and not make any money.

I have a track record I'm proud of and have taken it upon myself to help others who ask for it. It feels much better to help and better the world than be bitter and put down others.

Robert Tharp

#23     Aug 31, 2002
  4. I have been trading for 2 years now and am still just breaking even - make some money some days and lose them in the next few days. The problem I am having is I think experimenting with too many different trading styles while looking for which style will make me profitable - trading listed or Nasdaq, scalping or doing intraday swings, trading high volatility stocks or large volume "boring" stocks like MSFT, etc.
    My question to the full time traders on this board is this - how long did it take you find your trading style? How much money did you lose before you found your niche?
    I trade from home using IB and have considered going the prop route with the hope of learning from a trading environment but at this point it might be foolish for me to go that way if I don't have a defined, profitable trading style yet.
    Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

I was just about to come in and defend you Tharp. I can attest to Tharps track record whereas the above post from REG speaks for itself.

#24     Aug 31, 2002
  5. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

what contract would prevent someone from chatting on a message board??? are you serious???

#25     Aug 31, 2002
  6. I do not want anyone to mess with the THARP.

He is a good guy. He has a big heart.

When this jerk insults him, he insults everyone who knows Tharp personally.

Thought you would understand that.

#26     Aug 31, 2002
  7. And you have done what to contribute to this board? How many traders have you personally helped to make money? Tharp does not have to answer any of your questions. Who the hell are you to judge him?

#27     Aug 31, 2002
  8. What is your agenda here?

#28     Aug 31, 2002
  9. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

are you guys drinking a little too much beer?????

#29     Aug 31, 2002
  10. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

it just sounds a little bit contrived. we all know where tharp and yourself are now.

#30     Aug 31, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.