A question for RTharp about Echo SanDiego.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Speedracer, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHJ

GHJ

Brilliant deductive logic my friend! ;)

NO. I never traded there--or got burnt. I just know Blackwood Pro software and recognized the resemblance to Andover's supposedly "proprietary" software.

If you've never heard of Blackwood you must not have been reading Elite Trader very long. They are the old Blackwood Trading company that went belly up a little while ago. Now they're just a software outfit peddling a run-of-the-mill order entry system. www.blackwoodtrading.com

#11     Aug 30, 2002
  2. Wow that software must be awesome. Look what it did for Blackwood -------- CHAPTER 11.

#12     Aug 30, 2002

3. Wow maybe it was the bad management of the company. If you look at their history you will see that they added a ton of volume to their broker/dealer before going bust. So if the software was that bad I would be surprised that they would have that many people signing up to use it. I don't know the specifics enough to as why they folded though with all volume they pimped out of customers. Maybe they were not charging high enough rates or they just blew it in some other way.

By the way what software do you use?

#13     Aug 30, 2002
  4. By the way I know someone for some strange reason who decided to trade 8 million shares of MSFT in one day (he usually only trades 1 million a day) and did not have any problems. He made a lot of money that day. Trying doing that on realtick or redi.

#14     Aug 30, 2002
  5. That sounds a bit like Andover. "Pimping" volume out of customers at low rates. I hope the result is not the same ----- chapter 11.

Hey I can care less. All I'm saying is buyer beware.

#15     Aug 30, 2002
  6. I guess "pimping" volume at high rates is preferable.

When in doubt, go retail with the insurance.

#16     Aug 30, 2002
  7. GHJ

GHJ

No offense, but are you unclear on the meaning of the word "specific"?

"Much better" is not a specific benefit of the software. It's just an ambiguous term used for promotional purposes. What people want to know is WHY it's "much better."

Read through the countless old threads on what else you should consider besides rates and software.

#17     Aug 30, 2002

8. :D

#18     Aug 30, 2002
  9. VOLUME

VOLUME

"No offense, but are you unclear on the meaning of the word "specific"?

"Much better" is not a specific benefit of the software. It's just an ambiguous term used for promotional purposes. What people want to know is WHY it's "much better."

Read through the countless old threads on what else you should consider besides rates and software."-GHJ

I just checked the dictionary for "specific" and it turns out that I did in fact know what it meant all along....thanks.

Thanks again for the heads up about "the countless old threads on what else I should consider besides rates and software." However, I don't have to consider anything....I'm not the one who is looking to change firms.

Finally, I am not promoting anything. I simply gave a brief answer to a post. If you or anyone else wants to know why it is "much better" then my suggestion would be to walk into an Andover branch and check it out for yourself.

#19     Aug 30, 2002
  10. GHJ

GHJ

Thank you for wasting my time. You're posts are awfully helpful. If I wanted to walk in an Andover branch to get the answer I wouldn't have posted the question here.

This is a discussion forum where details talk louder than dime-a-dozen superlatives. And correct me if I'm wrong but you were the one who asked:

"What other SPECIFIC benefits do you want besides lower rates and much better software?"

I'm just answering your question you swell guy you.

#20     Aug 30, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.