a question about Swifttrade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sky_wan, Jun 15, 2006.

1. wz7ll9

wz7ll9

I have heard about a lot of other prop firms lately, and if you really look at the "deal" it is no better than swift. in most cases it is far worse!

#41     Aug 23, 2006
  2. Szeven

Why do you think the rebate game JDSU/SUNW/SIRI is dying?
    I actually find it quite similar to playing nyfix, similar skills are needed for both kinds of trading...
    They even mention last week on the conf call that we where going to get rebates on NYSE stocks through INET rash, so it sounded to me like its actually growing.

#42     Aug 23, 2006
  3. great post John, what branches do you own/manage?

#43     Aug 23, 2006
  4. John you happen to be one of the good guys in Swift BUT a company is run from the top down. You have a PIG who couldnt care less about the traders and better yet even his managers AND I KNOW. Its nice to see a branch manger defending what he has and is loosing as Swift traders move on. They move on to firms paying 60-80% and paying a little bit more and I mean little. RAPE is a big word but all i know is IM taking home 8k on AVERAGE more them at SWIFT and I know at least 10 other guys in the same boat. You can beat your chest on how rightful Swift is but BECK is not even though I know you are.

#44     Aug 23, 2006
  5. For you "Swift" guys who talk about "loosing" money....

loose
    One entry found for loose.

Main Entry: loose
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): loosed; loos·ing
    transitive verb
    1 a : to let loose : RELEASE b : to free from restraint
    2 : to make loose : UNTIE <loose a knot>
    3 : to cast loose : DETACH
    4 : to let fly : DISCHARGE
    5 : to make less rigid, tight, or strict : RELAX
    intransitive verb : to let fly a missile (as an arrow) : FIRE

lose
    3 entries found for lose

Main Entry: lose
    Pronunciation: 'lüz
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): lost /'lost/; los·ing /'lü-zi[ng]/
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English losian to perish, lose, from los destruction; akin to Old English lEosan to lose; akin to Old Norse losa to loosen, Latin luere to atone for, Greek lyein to loosen, dissolve, destroy
    transitive verb
    1 a : to bring to destruction -- used chiefly in passive construction <the ship was lost on the reef> b : DAMN <if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul -- Matthew 16:26 (Authorized Version)>
    2 : to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place
    3 : to suffer deprivation of : part with especially in an unforeseen or accidental manner
    4 a : to suffer loss through the death or removal of or final separation from (a person) b : to fail to keep control of or allegiance of <lose votes> <lost his temper>
    5 a : to fail to use : let slip by : WASTE <no time to lose> b (1) : to fail to win, gain, or obtain <lose a prize> <lose a contest> (2) : to undergo defeat in <lost every battle> c : to fail to catch with the senses or the mind <lost what she said>
    6 : to cause the loss of <careless statements lost him the election>
    7 : to fail to keep, sustain, or maintain <lost my balance>
    8 a : to cause to miss one's way or bearings <lost himself in the maze of streets> b : to make (oneself) withdrawn from immediate reality <lost herself in daydreaming>
    9 a : to wander or go astray from <lost his way> b : to draw away from : OUTSTRIP <lost his pursuers>
    10 : to fail to keep in sight or in mind
    11 : to free oneself from : get rid of <dieting to lose weight> <thinks he should lose the toupee>

#45     Aug 23, 2006
  6. I´ve always been too loose on the gramar to lose track of a conversation about it...

#46     Aug 24, 2006
  7. John, Thanks for your post. It's nice to get some insight from a branch manager who actually knows what he's talking about (on most subjects).

As I have said before, Swift is a great place to get your start. Where else can someone make hundreds upon thousands of trades so early in their career? This greatly speeds up one's learning curve.

That said, once a trader gets good he/she either makes a special agreement with their branch manager to receive a higher than normal payout (this is extremely rare) or if they are trading the "millennium" strategy, they would be absolutely retarded to stay for Swift's meager payouts.

If you think your guys getting the 40-45% payout take home more than guys on ticket deals with real payouts you're dreaming.

Deals for $1 a ticket or less with 70-80% payouts with the use of reliable software are as common as complaints on this site about ProsperPro going down. Your guys would have to put up a Hell of a lot more 'Barka' bucks to compete. You know Swift can't beat that.

As far as no deposit. Your previous month's paycheck is your cash deposit. Try quitting on a negative month. Your paycheck will be garnished or confiscated entirely, hence it acts as a pseudo deposit.

Please tell us why a branch manager is even posting about trading? Branch managers don't trade and if they do none of them know anything about the market except how to Arb Millennium.

Swift was, is and most likely will always be a 'farm team' for real firms. When anyone gets good at trading they leave for a better deal. It's like the difference between Double A baseball or playing in the major leagues for the New York Yankees. Where would you rather play NYC or Pawtucket?

#47     Aug 24, 2006
  8. go pawtucket:confused:

#48     Aug 24, 2006
  9. What is "Millennium Arb"???

#49     Aug 24, 2006
  10. I heard that some of the market maker´s computers didn´t get fixed for the Y2K bug properlly and as a result they´re making the prices of stocks move exactly in the same way they did in 1906, adjusted to inflation, the price of oil, gold and of course the construction of the hoover damn... so after you subtract the techonological effect, you can easily arb the stock market and make millions... the problem is determining which stock is moving like which stock from the ole days... that´s when swift comes in... with all the branches worldwide they started running a program similar to the one used by SETI where all of the thousands of computers in a network start analyzing data while idle to function as one giant supercomputer. Is quite simple when you think about it... a lot easier than hitting the search botton in the top right corner of your screen... that´s for sure.

#50     Aug 25, 2006