a question about Swifttrade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sky_wan, Jun 15, 2006.

1. newb

newb

I agree with swifttradesucks. You people have no idea what you're getting into at swift. The fact that the hiring hurdle is so low at swift should tell you something. Use your heads and don't be fooled by false promises (eg: you'll make 40k in your first year...etc). Swift always tells you the rosy stories, like so and so is our top trader and is making a million a year. I'm not saying that this isn't true, but you can't think that you'll be him. if you go to swift, you'd likely have wasted 2-3 of your best years.

Some people do strike it rich at Swift, but these people are the outliers rather than the norm. stop going after the get rich schemes and think before you act.

#31     Aug 4, 2006
  2. wz7ll9

wz7ll9

another bitter guy.... couldn't make any money at swift I assume. that is a great attitude that you have; give up if you can't make it. you and that other idiot should trade together like the bitches that you are!!

#32     Aug 4, 2006
  3. ya, but there is also no guarantee that'll work for you at another company either.

The Shaman

#33     Aug 4, 2006
  4. newb

newb

When you're bankrupt and think back to what I posted, you'll say, "damn, that guy was right".

In the meantime, have a good time living in your mama's basement and taking the bus to work. Trading is a good job, just not with swift.

#34     Aug 4, 2006
  5. askme

askme

SWIFT TRADE FOR LIFE!!!

#35     Aug 4, 2006
  6. Theres basically 3 options in my opinion for working at swift.

1. Start there, learn to trade for real, leave and make more somewhere else.

2. Learn a crap strategy like rebate trading SUNW/JDSU/SIRI etc (dont think this is very common anymore) and get stuck in a rut, spiral into bottomless pit of shit and then quit/bankruptcy etc.

3. Learn to trade miln, be a cowboy, and make enough to retire before institutions find a better way to fill their orders.

#36     Aug 4, 2006
  7. i hear that!

#37     Aug 4, 2006
  8. how about the fact that most traders that start anywheres, never make it,, come on now ,, you guys know at least that much dont you,, so i figure since swift gives every joe blow the chance,, i guess all you gutless trader rejects have a responsibility to bash them,, well hope it relieves your pain,, as any half ass hard working trader would have to be mcdonalds material not to make money there,,, you can actually make profit on less than 200 shares for 1 cent after all fee;s .. you've got to be kidding me,, for all those bashing since you couldn't make a check,, good luck anywheres else,, hahaha,, have a nice life,, and to the best of success in your new endeavors,, ill be there to congratulate you , not bash you,, in all seriousness. different strokes for different folks, , move on , and stop bashing due to your own lack of discipline.{ i understand concerns and comments from actual traders , i have my own,, this is strictly directed to those who bash out of boredom}

#38     Aug 4, 2006
  9. JohnMcd

JohnMcd

Hey swifttradesuks, why so bitter? It wouldn’t be because couldn’t make it would it? I’ve pretty much heard enough Swift Trade bashing. Anyone who calls themselves ‘swifttradesuks’ obviously couldn’t cut it as a trader and the manager had to let you go because he/she saw no potential. If Swift Trade is such a good place to cut your teeth as a trainee, you have to look at yourself if you couldn’t cut it there.
    As a BM/owner of 2 Swift branches maybe I could enlighten some who couldn’t cut it at Swift. The training at swift is intended to provide student traders with basic information on how to trade then provide the tools, risk management and coaching to those who are dedicated, smart and determined enough to succeed. If trainees want to be spoon fed and sit on their lazy butts while someone else does all the work, they should hire a money manager. Our branches and the traders that populate them have become much more profitable since we stopped teaching and started facilitating their learning process. Trading is a very difficult profession and many don’t make it but those that do can make an extremely good living (yes even at swift) and enjoy a great lifestyle. BTW we have never told or even hinted how much a trader will make in the first year.
    One other point, I’ve seen many pot shots on how traders are compensated at swift. First of all trainees are paid out from dollar 1 yet are not responsible for initial losses. I’d like to know of how many other prop firms do that. Yes swift actually invests in traders. While branches are free to charge whatever they want for training, many charge nothing. If they do charge it is a nominal amount (way less than a newbie usually looses in the first couple weeks). I also hear a bunch of garbage about trader payouts. I know our most profitable traders take home as much or more than these so called prop firms that claim to have higher payouts when you factor in all costs. Most of these firms are just retail outfits masquerading as prop firms (need to put up a cash deposit and then they charge huge ticket fees) Many of these firms don’t give a shit how much you make as a trader they are only interested in the ticket fees, the more you trade the more they make. Swift Trade traders are paid much more than the amounts quoted on this and other treads, don’t have to put up any of their own capital and don’t get raped with ticket fees so at the end of the day there is a bigger pie to split. At Swift at least everyone (traders, branch managers, and corporate HO) shares in the same goal, to make as much money from the market as possible.

Good luck in life ‘suks

John

#39     Aug 23, 2006
  10. wz7ll9

wz7ll9

well suks, where is you great response to that? You seem to know the "magic" manuals, it sounds like for one the truth is being spoken; noit just a bitter guy that could not make it!

#40     Aug 23, 2006