A question about ensign paint bars

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by feb2865, May 19, 2007.

1. feb2865

feb2865

I am looking at Ensign as a possible next software as I am not completely satisfied with the one I am using now. I would like to know if is possible to paint the bars every time stochastic are in overbought/oversold territory?

also if you guys have any input positive/negative about the software please let me know.

thanks in advance

2. riskette

riskette

feb2865,
    Ensign does this easily (see pic). You can completely customize many of the parameters on stochastics and other studies. From the properties window notice that you can color the price bars based on zones of OB/OS. You can do so much with this program that it is hard to know where to start. Spend some time at the web site www.ensignsoftware.com . I also use Tradestation and Genesis. They all have their strong points but Ensign is my favorite.

3. feb2865

feb2865

Thank you riskette

I uses genesis too but Ensign is so customizable I am really impressed

as for data feed what do you use??

4. riskette

riskette

I use InteractiveBrokers data feed which is free and great for daytrading. As I mentioned, I use TS and Genesis mainly for longer term charts and things that Ensign doesn't have. Genesis has Committment of Traders data, for example, and very long term continuous contract data for any futures contract you might want to see.

To be fair about your original question about paint bars, you can do you want on Genesis. It just requires a few more steps in making custom highlight bars. see pic.

5. feb2865

feb2865

Yes I have the same charts and bars paint the same way you have. I was looking to see if ensign can do the same.