a question about crazy NYSE prints

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by mcelitetrader, Mar 1, 2006.

1. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

I was trading nem today (March 1st) and there were time and sales cracking through 80 cents higher than the NYSE price. 100 shares went through...then over the course of the next 5 mins 1000 shares had passed through 80 cents above the best bid/offer....(I have no way of capturing the actual time and sales)

I have been trading for almost 2 years....i am dumfounded and feel completely lost...i cant explain or understand this occurrence. I have attached the nem chart for the day....have a look around 3 pm....

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for useful responses......The trades were showing as having gone through NAS.....

I was so confused that I sent a letter to the NYSE to ask how and why but I need a faster response....

Also,, for interest have a look at this post :mad:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=996916#post996916

Thanks for any responses.

Yours in trading.

• b.png
      File size:
      4.1 KB
      Views:
  2. plugger

plugger

How did you make out today on NEM? I was trading it today too and noticed these prints as well. I don't have an explanation for you as i assume someone is hitting an ecn or it is simply a bad print.

It doesn't just happen to NEM, i've seen this for lots of NYSE listed issues.

I don't think it really matters as you can see these prints were out of context with the market.

Good luck tomorrow if you're back at it.

3. bonds

bonds

i was trading nem too and those prints distorted my nem chart making it very difficult to interpret! it was weird how there were so many out of range prints in such a short period of time.... something was going on