a qüestion for profesional traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cataloniafree, Aug 30, 2006.

1. You could get rich with a system that wins 20% of the time but losses 80% or more of the time.

use tight stops and lets profits run, you could have an avg stop of 5% per trade and an avg winner of 100% and do quite well as a trend follower.

The win / loss is mostly a reflection of how long you spend in winners and how long in lossers. It's not really important to look at the win/ loss ratio for information, especially if you are trading for the long term.

#11     Aug 30, 2006
  2. Good morning,
    thank you for all the answers in special to Jango.

I think about your anwers and I studi the different options to stops and rewards.

When I feel good,is when I have a rstio risk/reward 1/1 with tall fiability,but in this moment with 1/3 and fiability 50% i win money.

I HOPE THIS CONTINUE THIS WAY.

ALREADY I YOU WILL GO COUNTING

#12     Aug 31, 2006
  3. I win about 45 percent of the time. About year 2001 I lost 19 out of 20 trades. I seek to make infinity when I enter a position (trend follower).

#13     Aug 31, 2006
  4. FWIW, our traders rarely, if ever, use "hard" stops....we prefer "alerts" so we can make an informed decision at a pre-determined price...sometimes stops get triggered at the worst possible time.

Don

#14     Aug 31, 2006