A Proposed Debate: SCT vs. CO

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by hypostomus, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Good point. Why, then, is it OK among his adherents for Jack to ridicule, and treat with general disdain, anyone who does not subscribe to his singular view of the markets and how they should be traded? And this from a man who is never short on claims but has yet to substantiate a single one. The emperor has such pretty clothes.

#21     Apr 18, 2007
  2. Allaces

Allaces

Can I get a latte while you're up

#22     Apr 18, 2007
  3. And have you managed 3 times the daily range with regularity, or an average of 4-7% per day? Do tell. Because those are Jack's claims.

#23     Apr 18, 2007
  4. Allaces

Allaces

And don't forget my favourite.. is nkhoi always in trade with never a single loser

#24     Apr 18, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

I pick which claim I want to validate first.:)
    ps. T28 you are just so transparent liked a jellyfish:D

#25     Apr 18, 2007
  6. Frankly, I find your devotion a little scary.

As for your other remark, I suggest you look into it further. I have no alias and have never had an alias. I have only one handle at ET and it is Thunderdog. Please have Baron check into it if it will calm you, and have him ban me if my claim is not valid. People who occasionally agree with one another are not necessarily the same person.

#26     Apr 18, 2007
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

sorry about that, I reply to 2 posts in 1 post, just disregard the second one. He knows what I mean:D
    how about re-phrase it as 'truth but verify'

#27     Apr 18, 2007
  8. Allaces

Allaces

What a strange little man you must be... but then again I've never quite worked out why losers stay in this game... but thank god you do :p

#28     Apr 18, 2007
  9. Thank you Thunderdog. I haven't been turned down so graciously since I asked the head cheerleader to go to the prom and she declined in favor of the captain of the football team. But it doesn't appear that we will be having a debate. I totally sympathize with the need for market focus during RMH. I'm only posting because my system is a big yawn. What must the SCTer's be experiencing with their need for constant alertness second-by-second? Mustn't miss one of those evanescent YM/ES leads or cash/fut anomalies!

#29     Apr 18, 2007
  10. I don't condone that either for the record. No person should take a negative stance to anyone else trading for any immature reason such as "My method is better than yours". My comments are for both ways, why should anyone waste time arguing that one approach is better or other approaches suck so bad when it is a truly personal and subjective matter.

And I repeat, I could care less what anyone claims here and I do not need anyone to substantiate any claims either cause I am the one trading my money. Only claims I will ever really care to substantiate are those made by someone who IS responsible for my money. Since no one here is not, then claim away.

Also, any intelligent person here can take a strategy outlined and apply it themselves and figure out for themselves as an adult what returns are possible or not possible.

One of the market wizards themselves even said that he can show 100 people exactly how he trades and he would be surprised if 5 or so could even copy his performance. It is a personal thing.

If you or someone else claims you can make 100% a year from a simply moving average crossover, I dont need you to substantiate it or prove anything to me. If you show me the method it is up to me to see if I can do it since what you do is meaningless.

So I find it funny people want to argue about claims on a message board. A MESSAGE BOARD lol... let it go.

I slept with Jessica Alba a couple times before she made it big. there I made a claim. Wouldn't it be asanine to start 6 or 7 seven threads to argue if this is true or not just because some others make statements as well that I did sleep with her (i actually did).

Why not have 8 or 9 threads on every "I want to turn $1.75 into $1 million in 3 days" thread.

Lets raise the maturity level. If someone makes claims you disagree with or says you should trade THIS WAY or you are a loser, resist the childish urge revert to 5th grade and move on. Again, the only opinion that matters is the one that shows up on the sheets every month or account statement whether you are a SCT, CO, MA crossover, only long on Tuesday, only short when dog licks left ball, etc trader. It does not matter to anyone else but yourself.

If you were never a mature worthwhile person before you started trading, then making money in the market is not going to make you one if you need to have others know it for you to be worth something.

#30     Apr 18, 2007