A Proposed Debate: SCT vs. CO

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by hypostomus, Apr 17, 2007.

1. WRT debate rules, Allaces raised the question (indirectly) of colorful language, what others might call profanity. Personally I think its use properly reflects the white (or colored) trash origins of most traders, so I don't object. Certainly by debate partner and I have used that word often enough in the past. But perhaps we should be somewhat discrete and use the accepted acronyms, the appropriate one for Allaces to use being HTFU, now in the common ET parlance. Any preferences?

#11     Apr 18, 2007
  2. Allaces

Allaces

#12     Apr 18, 2007
  3. Well, there you have it, profanity is officially sanctioned and we shall mention the issue no more. But let me remind you that SCT cannot hide behind the official sanctioning which our beloved Magna has bestowed on it by his draconian moderation, permitting not even the gentlest chiding therein. The gloves are off here.

(As an aside, let me assure that Allaces is not me, nor could I detect from his or her terse PMing with me that he even likes me. I therefore count him as a person of independent judgement in this matter, and welcome him to the ranks of the B-Team.)

#13     Apr 18, 2007
  4. trading contests and debates over one trading style versus another?

What a crock of ca ca....

Who gives a shit how you make money in the market and why do you feel the need to argue that all in the world must proclaim it as the greatest or act like a kid in the sandbox and NEED to fight to show you are the best.

Assuming we are all adults here, you should no longer need the approval of others to feel good about yourself or how you trade. Trading is the sole judge, if you are good you make money and if you suck you lose money. That is the only approval you need.

I never heard any of the top traders in like Market Wizards needing to have people claim their methods were the best or go head to head to prove anything, their record spoke for itself.

Head to head does not prove anything anyway. If you make 30% and the other makes 25% does their method suck? People trade for the long hual, looking for consistent annual returns and that is another case where ones record speaks for itself, not a 6 week head to head.

No one is obligated to show their record on demand as though we are all entitled to see it, no matter what the person claims. This is an internet room, anyone can claim whatever they want and on ET we certainly see a lot of claims here.

Let this rest already as there are now more than 5 threads on the same topic outside of Spyder's great journal thread. Spyder's thread is not different than any other, he is trading and showing his methods.

If he is threatening your manhood and you need to challenge him, then sorry to hear that. If Jack's post irritate you or his claims bug you, then you need thicker skin to survive in this world where there will always be family members, friends or co-workers who will do the same thing and adults deal with it.

#14     Apr 18, 2007
  5. xiaodre

xiaodre

Hypostomus, those are authors, not books. Some of those authors have written more than one book. So, please would you elaborate - which surviving trading books do you have on your trading shelf?

Now to the point - I don't understand the animosity toward the Jack Hershey crowd. If a trading strategy is working for a crowd of people, why wouldn't you let them do what they need to succeed (even if success means just having fun)?

#15     Apr 18, 2007
  6. I'd like to see the appeal of SCT described.
    1) It appeals to greed: 3X the daily range.
    2) It appeals to nervous traders: SCT offers "comfort" and some other emotional goodies, according to Jack.

#16     Apr 18, 2007
  7. Although I am honored, I will have to decline. Taking on such a responsibility would almost assure my missing the occasional setup during RTH and perhaps some of my favorite television shows during off hours. Weak as I am, that is a cross I cannot bear. I am more of a gadfly of convenience. But thank you for asking.

#17     Apr 18, 2007
  8. Allaces

Allaces

It's the holy graal... unfortunately just like the true chalice it can only be found within by the perfect aspirant... and once there why do you need SCT?

#18     Apr 18, 2007
  9. How can you support "action" and Jack at the same time? When has Jack ever validated any of his claims with any evidence of his trading? And you well know that Jack has no lack of claims. As for me, have I ever made claims of superior, let alone messianic, trading performance? I think it is the people who make claims that should be held accountable for them, otherwise we are dealing in limitless hot air. No doubt, Jack could pop corn just by walking into the room.

#19     Apr 18, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

dog, Jack doesn't 'validate' his claims. It is my job to do it. :cool:

#20     Apr 18, 2007