A Powerful Quote for ya'll to Ponder..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bullz n Bearz, Jul 30, 2007.

1. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

"kEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE BUT KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER"

NY_HOODLUM

#31     Jul 31, 2007
  2. My quote: "The goal is to make money"

It seems a lot of people here are unable to make money inspite of using complicated TA, advanced trading platforms, real time news feeds, etc. Instead of trying to impress yourself with the latest trading gizmos why not focus on actually making money?

#32     Jul 31, 2007
  3. Footprints by nutmeg:

Do not follow me. I may not lead. If you walk in front of me, I might trip yo ass. Walk beside me, I will probably ask to borrow a quarter.

#33     Jul 31, 2007
  4. <i>"Here's another, "You can't polish a turd"</i>

Sure ya can, <b>risk</b>... how many threads right inside here are polished to a lustrous brown hue right now?

Just don't use that artwork as a paperweight :eek:

#34     Jul 31, 2007
  5. You obviously have a problem with your ego...an inflated sense of self importance.

What makes you think that quote of yours is so earth shatteringly splendid?

#35     Jul 31, 2007

6. I do it several times a day, day in and day out...I know others here that do likewise, with uncanny accuracy and consistentcy.

Perhaps the answer is you are on another planet.

#36     Jul 31, 2007
  7. Nice catch Russell, his quote was actually a riddle! And the answer is HE is on another planet :D

BullsnBears, I know plenty of guys throughout my 7 years trading that make good and consistent money despite the market being slightly different (or sometimes ALOT different) every single day. And, as far as I can recall, they all live on Earth.

#37     Jul 31, 2007
  8. Just curious. Have you ever considered or tested how your setups/signals would have differed in outcome if you had not paid attention to volume? If so, how does it compare? (I recognize that results with or without volume are method dependent. Even so, I'm curious to know approximately how much benefit volume analysis adds to your performance.)

#38     Jul 31, 2007

9. So I guess BnB did not take you up on your offer.

Maybe you should clarify to everyone that you are a paper trader. Thats not trading on this planet RD. Averaging into deeply oversold and overbought conditions with NO STOPS waiting for a rebound is not trading, and yes on one of you're entries you are bound to get an extreme at some point. Furthermore sim trading it consistently does not make you an experienced trader.

I hope you find some value in my post, hopefully it will save you blowing out an account when you do start.

#39     Jul 31, 2007
  10. For me, volume is majorly important. The way I see things, a chart can print almost the same price bars (as another time) and everything but if the volume doesnt line up a certain way (that I need to see to pull the trigger), I dont take the trade. Especially in futures where stuff moves so fast, its too easy to get run over.

As you know, I am still very new to futures in the grand scheme of things, but from what I have seen and traded so far, vol plays a huge role in my decision making. The caveat is...I probably dont read vol like the avg person would just looking at a chart, just like a pro who uses certain indicators that most newbies cant figure out uses them a certain way that allows him to make sense of certain events.

#40     Jul 31, 2007