A poll for successful traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by promagma, Jun 19, 2017.

How did you make the big money?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2017.
  1. My edge(s) are embarrassingly small, but have been working for years, and I push it to the max.

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. I have many edges, sometimes they work awesome and I switch up to follow market conditions.

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. I don't quantify edges. I just follow my experience and natural awesomeness.

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  1. promagma

promagma

A poll for successful traders (5+ profitable years, total earnings in the hundreds of thousands or higher).

2. Mtrader

Mtrader

You can close the poll. 2 people voted, so all eligible traders voted. :D

nooby_mcnoob, antiseptic and motif like this.
  3. I don't have an edge and neither does any other retail trader... unless they're trading illegally (front running or trading on insider info).

Perhaps doing better than other traders is not the same as having "edge" over the market.

motif, ironchef and java like this.
  4. I must imagine that must be a really Elite Club -- no pun intended o_O

Probably only .02% of the people who have ever visited this website qualifies,
    ...and seeing there are already 7 votes, probably only 1 of them are telling the truth, and even then I wouldn't bet on it,

I personally hate the term 'Edge'...it sounds like a gimmicky marketing term to lure sucker traders to a so-called Holy Grail.
    I prefer just saying Skill, or no skill. Or experienced, or not experienced,

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Handle123, antiseptic and PennySnatch like this.
  5. speedo

speedo

Troll bait

Lou Friedman likes this.
  6. An edge is a technique or setup that offers positive expectancy after comm and slippage over the course of time, not a holy grail and certainly not a 100% winning formula. Once you have an edge, skill does not play a role, money management and discipline do.

7. Mtrader

Mtrader

Indeed. But Baron has to keep his numbers of postings and views on level. $$$

Threads lose interest and are replaced by troll threads. Averaging down the quality.

8. themickey

themickey

I would imagine the real succesful traders are quite humble.
    Were they to see this thread they would just be keeping their opinion to themselves.
    The uber rich as well don't normally have information they would freely share with the bell hops.

dartmus, PennySnatch and Mtrader like this.
  9. So if you invest 1 million USD, get 10% return on investment per year and do this for 5+ years you are a successful trader in your view? A buy&hold strategy in the USA equity index trackers would have been sufficient to meet your criteria.

10. I satisfy your requirements for "success" but I don't believe I have an edge, so I can't vote as there was no option for that.

GAT

#10     Jun 20, 2017