A planet with no money

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Sanaz3, Jun 28, 2010.

1. nitro

nitro

Then, in exchange for all that oil, France could finish this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juragua_Nuclear_Power_Plant

#51     Jun 28, 2010
  2. food even natural is indeed much cheaper than the latest generation drugs. the main problem with natural food is that at some point it stops working for whatever reason. then one needs expensive drugs and a lot of them :(

#52     Jun 28, 2010
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

compare the cost of chemo in cancer "treatment" VS the cost of carrots and apples. see: gerson therapy.

the cost of virtually everything is artificially pumped multiple times over by taxes, corporate margins, custom duties, etc.
    for the fuel at the gas station we pay at least 50x more than the cost of producing the oil. guess what is the main component of its price: taxes.

guess why growing marihuana is prohibited. many people may prefer it over alcohol. every country generates a lot of profits from taxes on alcohol.
    make it illegal and the price is many times higher.
    the list goes on and on.

why the Elite is pushing on carbon tax so hard? another great way to fuel the monetary system with more artificial burden.

do you know what is the cost of producing your ralph lauren shirt or tommy hilfiger polo? 1-2% of the price you pay in your US shop. Do you know in what amount they can be produced? the technology today is so advanced (and can be MUCH more advance just by getting rid of oil gang) that every human being can have all material needs fulfilled.

its basic economics. if something is super abundant - you can't put a price tag on it.

#54     Jun 28, 2010
  4. #55     Jun 28, 2010
  5. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

That is what I envision for a money-less society, where there will be plenty of men and women available to happily work for any company they want and soon markets would be flooded with free goods. For instance, if US were such a place, then Ford, GM...wouldn't worry about their cost cuttings anymore, instead they could have plenty of people working for them for free. They would even share all their trade secrets with each other since there were no competition any more. Ownership wouldn't mean anything anymore...Free public transit, free hotels and motels, free cruises on Royal Caribbean ships...world of opportunities would be endless so long as people worked and contributed out of the goodness of their hearts. Last but not least, no more crimes.

#56     Jun 28, 2010
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

thanks for the link trendlover!
    turmeric is wonderful :) it ranks very high on antioxidant power
    http://oracvalues.com/sort/orac-value
    i eat it everyday together with spelt pasta or brown rice. plus:

- a LOT of vitamin C (4 kiwis and 2 lemons per day)
    - vitamin E and healthy fats (avocados, flaxseed oil)
    - raw cacao which is full of antioxidants and magnesium
    - ginger
    - peruvian maca
    - black and red beans for proteins and more antioxidants
    - cottage cheese and eggs for more proteins
    - cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, parsley - green, living things contain digestive enzymes.
    - carrots and celery
    - honey.

my contribution to big pharma industry income: zero
    my contribution to tobacco industry income: zero
    my contribution to meat industry income: zero
    my contribution to SUGAR industry income: zero
    my contribution to McDonald, Coca-Cola, Kraft Foods, Nestle income: zero

the diet above provides you with ALL vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, proteins, anti-fungal, anti-bacteria, anti-septic, anti-cancer elements you need to stay 100% healthy.

our planet earth provides us with all the healthy, happy things.
    what is the puprose of money and profit? to buy a hermes bag and carry marlboro cigarettes and your anti-depressant pills?

#57     Jun 28, 2010
  7. what you said is not really new. it is called communism.

#58     Jun 28, 2010
  8. nitro

nitro

It is impossible to be moneyless until resources are almost free. Consider real estate, or land. Say we are moneyless. So all we do is stay home, have sex and have ten kids. Where are these kids going to live? Who is going to deliver them, educate them, feed them, etc?

What money in theory does is put a value on the resources of a planet, whether it be aluminum or oil, or clean air or clean water, or land, electricity, etc. In capitalist societies, so the theory goes, instead of having some central panel of experts set the price of resources, the market through supply and demand will find an equilibrium price for goods. Again, sounds good in theory. The problem where things start to go wrong is when the multiplicative effects of having good luck or some inherent edge allows you to start amassing these resources. Now, if all this allowed were for people that wanted to do nothing but work and keep accumulating money and jet planes and yachts and 50k foot houses and ten Ferrari and whatever, no one would care.

Where people start to care, and as well as they should, is when their own lives are impacted in having access to the most basic of needs. When their own lives or those that depend on them are in grave danger because they cannot find work, when their right to pursuit of happiness is being threatened, this is where the shit hits the fan. How do people stand idly by while more millionaires are popping up around the world by thousands every year, all the while seeing that the many in the middle class are slipping into poverty, or worse, the poor can barely afford to exist?

The solution that the experts insist on is, well, these economic disasters are cyclical. We will come out of it, and then we will "all" be richer. Sadly, while this is likely mostly true, what happens is that it appeases enough people that the truly defenseless and meek are once again silenced because they have no power. In the meantime, everything keeps getting more and more expensive, with each new cycle devastating more and more people into the bottom. The rich are relatively insulated by these downturns because not getting a new lease or having to downsize from 20k foot house into 5k foot house is not life threatening. But going from paycheck to paycheck in two jobs, to three jobs if you are lucky to no job if you are not, is well, catastrophic.

We will have money until resources are so cheap they become like Bic shavers. There can be no other way. The poor and defenseless continue to hope for a messiah. But the true savior will be some band of people, perhaps even rich people with their own interest in mind, that will find a way to mine comets and meteors, or mine the moon, or terra- form Mars. Only when things are plentiful will money have no meaning.

#59     Jun 28, 2010
  9. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

#60     Jun 28, 2010