A planet with no money

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Sanaz3, Jun 28, 2010.

1. DIPSHIT response... ON IGNORE.

#21     Jun 28, 2010
  2. Gnome, what you think you know could fill volumes. What you don't know could fill libraries. Also, you come off as very bitter and I'm sure that is your experience in life as well.

#22     Jun 28, 2010
  3. I think it is time for military rule in USA. Politicians are useless.

Same as in Pakistan when politicians became useless, the military took over under the rule of General Pervez Musharaf. Pakistan and USA are allies. USA should learn from Pakistan.

#23     Jun 28, 2010
  4. DrEvil

DrEvil

Fresco's idea ignores the FACT that people are inherently greedy. If you use technology to take away societies ability to take or have more than their neighbour. Then who controls/monitors the technology and how do you get round the FACT that they will be greedy and corruptible? If you can't answer that (and btw Fresco does not anwer that) then you are avoiding reality. Well many have answered that (Hayek one of those) and the answer is that you can't. We have not evolved one bit since days of Rome. Small decentralised government, most power in the hands of the people, free markets, ... is not perfect but is the nearest we can get as long as we are human beings with human insticts.

#24     Jun 28, 2010
  5. DrEvil

DrEvil

You should get all your friends together, buy an island somewere where you can do what you want and play at dressing up in swatzikas and putting each other into concentration camps.

#25     Jun 28, 2010
  6. promagma

promagma

Well yeah this does seem really stupid, but I think you do realize that the "ills from money and power" are ills from the "greed for money and power". The stupid part is the assumption that humans can become more "highly evolved".

#26     Jun 28, 2010
  7. If you don't believe humans can evolve then you are really saying YOU can't evolve. That is a pretty sad and hopeless position to take if you don't mind me saying but I can see how you draw that conclusion looking around lately. Don't worry though, you (we) will have many chances to get it right eventually but maybe (probably) not in this lifetime. This was not and will not be your (our) only chance. But then again you probably don't believe in an afterlife or reincarnation either.

#27     Jun 28, 2010
  8. DrEvil

DrEvil

Instead of waiting say a million years or so to evolve a different human nature we could just take the Fresco fast track Course (course comprises a book and four handy fast track CD's for only $99.99). Can someone sell me a copy plllllllllllllease.

#28     Jun 28, 2010
  9. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

We have millions of people unemployed and looking for work in every country. Our economies are doomed because we measure everything against money and profit.

All we would need to do, is to put these human resources to work like what Roosevelt did in CCC camps. Money is not something like water or fertile farming land to sustain us. If everyone could grasp these basic principles, I am sure they could easily understand why a world without money would be a much better place than the one we presently live in.

#29     Jun 28, 2010
  10. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

Forget about the Fresco's project please as this thread was not intended to focus on how his project would work or fail. I proposed a global money-less society, so share your input on this subject if you want.

#30     Jun 28, 2010