A picture's worth a 1000 words

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vanzandt, Mar 23, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Here's a 5 year daily on the VIX.
    Aside from some noise, the spikes appear as regular as a healthy cardiogram.
    It is my opinion, that a spike to at least 20 is pretty damn close.
    Do with it what you will.

vix.jpg

VPhantom likes this.
  2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Where is your trade to walk the talk? With stops and target pls

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

What part of "do with it what you will" did you miss?
    But just to humor you....Whats your opinion on some April 12 $VIX $11 calls for $2.50?

4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

None as you know. We are trading opposing approaches. I don't have the ability to predict, and I believe neither do you. I trade aligned with momentum you against. Hence I would trade against you most of the time.

What's your stop on that trade? Your ideas are worth nothing without stating when you concede a loss.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

WTF does that sentence even mean?
    Tossin' a few back again I guess.... lookin' for someone to argue with.
    Thats the Zzzz we all know and love.
    Drink, argue. Argue, drink.
    So obvious.
    Bad juju.

VIX is gonna spike bro.
    Very soon.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  6. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Haha, of course it will. At some point. When? Neither you nor anybody else knows. Before that you can get easily stopped out multiple times. There is a reason you stubbornly refuse to attach stops to your crazy calls each time. It's because you would be proven wrong time and again. Listen, the market is not moving in binary one steps. When volatility will pick up then you still have plenty time to hop on the wagon. Why would you want to position position yourself against the market? Attach a stop in line with your account balance on your trades if you want to be taken seriously.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Z.....I am well aware that you are quite intelligent, and probably an outstanding asset manager managing whatever it is you manage for whoever you manage it for. (like that sentence?)
    Thats your world. Your work is your world.
    And I bet your boss loves you too; I would if I had a worker like you.
    But something is missing in you.
    And only you can answer what that is.
    (started 3 consecutive sentences with conjunctions... bad grammar ;))
    I suspect its inner peace.
    I hope some day you find it.
    I really do.

Thanks for the trading advice though.
    It means a lot.
    ttyl Z

8. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I thought we are talking markets. How did we get to inner peace again? Anyway, thanks for your well wishes. I guess it sits in my dna to get agitated when confronted with BS. (not referring to you or your posts as bs). But seriously, how does some of the crap on this site not bring the worst out of anyone?.

9. Visaria

Visaria

I was gonna post something....but I can't be bothered.

10. Zzzz1 won.Applause,please.

#10     Mar 23, 2017