A Picture is worth a thousand words....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Another trade....

Still long IMCL...

#31     Mar 26, 2003
  2. Here is IMCL.. with a simpler view...

#32     Mar 26, 2003
  3. corvus

corvus

Nice charts trendfader!

#33     Mar 26, 2003

4. Thanks

#34     Mar 26, 2003
  5. Check out this cool chart in excel.... Its completely random...

Click F9 to reload the chart... Look at these beautifull sloping trends...

--MIKE

#35     Mar 27, 2003
  6. Another Cool website .. check it out..

After looking at these random charts I am absolutely convinced they look identical to real stock charts..

Maybe all of these patterns like bases, triangles, flags... are patterns of randomness.. which what the stock market really is.

http://www.lynixco.com/4.htm

#36     Mar 27, 2003
  7. Trend fader you seem to be very good at producing pretty charts for us all to see, but do you actually trade successfully baby!!??:)

#37     Mar 27, 2003
  8. that might be a contradiction.

#38     Mar 27, 2003

9. Been trading successfully for many years... I got a lot of email from sincere ET traders that wanted me to post some charts... so they can learn from them....

When I swing trade.. I am right usually about the same as I am wrong.. but my profits are usually 2.5x my loss.

Further... some of those pretty charts you have seen are purely random..

--MIKE

#39     Mar 27, 2003

10. Let me phrase it better... " profitable characteristics " of randomness. In my book it is the same thing.

These characterisitcs include, basing, triangles, flags, simple pullbacks alongside the major trend. These are apparent in random charts and stock charts....

So here is the oxymoron.... within randomness there are patterns... randomness is not exactly random because the characteristics of randomness are not random.... make sense??? lol :)

Geez.. I am starting to sound like Mr. Hershey...

--MIKE

#40     Mar 27, 2003