A Picture is worth a thousand words....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Probably when this measures out.

• spx.gif
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
    #11     Mar 26, 2003

2. Ok.. that was easy to say... you made valid points. But talk is cheap! So since you're "amazed at the crap your read on ET" why not enlighten some of us with a few examples of your recent successful trades/positions... to back up your words.

thanks

Ice :cool:

p.s. I do agree with you about keeping it simple, and have said so many times... to new traders. And further agree that some here are way too esoteric; but that's what makes life and trading interesting... diff strokes for diff folks!

#12     Mar 26, 2003
  3. yes, that is true...

ok, here's a <a href="http://www.agribiz.com/merchdiz/cointoss/cointoss.html">hint</a>.

#13     Mar 26, 2003
  4. chas my man, you're still working that coin toss chart, i see...

#14     Mar 26, 2003
  5. ok surf. done! :)

there was this steak house in vegas i really loved... best one in town. anyone help me out with the name?

#15     Mar 26, 2003
  6. balda

balda

Since it in Vegas it called "For those who can't bet"

#16     Mar 26, 2003
  7. that coin toss chart is a good example of how charts alone are not the holy grail, however there is no holy grail. Also, you have to assume that the markets are totally efficient ( pretty much refuted by value investing, fraud, the internet bubble, etc. ). Also you have to assume that market events fit a normal bell curve ( proven false ). So, its a good academic example to keep people from being overly confident in charts, but thats it.

#17     Mar 26, 2003
  8. rs7

rs7

You thinking of Ruth's Chris or The Palm?
    For my money, the best food in Vegas is at Andres, (hard to find)

Peace,
    :)rs7

#18     Mar 26, 2003
  9. it's has fascinating implications, i think.

#19     Mar 26, 2003
  10. My point is that regardless whether the market is random or not... trends do exist.

The simplest methods can be used to capture a piece of the trend. Of course proper money management and position sizing are imperative... as far as trading a system... the ones that are simplest tend to be in favor of trend following.

--MIKE

#20     Mar 26, 2003