A Photo of a run on the bank

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wouldn't Citi (or anybody else) want to buy WB for cheap because they could then unload all the crappy assets on Paulson for way more than they're worth? Isn't this why JPM purchased WAMU and JPM's stock price went up 20%?

#31     Sep 27, 2008
  2. looks like i'll be right come Monday......

"Wachovia Suitors May Delay Bidding After Dimon's Deal for WaMu "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=as9sF0RrMSTg&refer=home#

#32     Sep 27, 2008
  3. Wonder what WB will be trading at by the time the shorting ban expires next week?

#33     Sep 27, 2008
  4. dhpar

dhpar

if ET does not do anything about this thread (and member) I will report ET to SEC for knowingly allowing distribution of false information. i took a screenshot of this thread...

#34     Sep 27, 2008

5. Jeez Louise! This thread is so patently false that it is obvious to a blind man.

dhpar you Little Boy Fauntleroy, how gay r u? Tattle tale!

Just,
    my2cents

#35     Sep 27, 2008
  6. Calm down... What are you talking about? This whole site and everyone would need to be reported for posting any speculative information that does not materialize.

Hello... The banking industry is in turmoil.. we trade here and we share vantage points, satire, opinions, tips.. etc...
    Our government leaders have already publicly issued warnings of runs on the bank. This bank is on the FDIC list of troubled banks.

Maybe it was a joke, maybe he had a reasonable belief the info was true... Just process the information and draw your own conclusions.

#36     Sep 27, 2008
  7. dhpar

dhpar

well clearly different people have different sense of humor.
    i am not sure about usa but in britain you can really go to jail for this - especially when ET moderator is participating in the thread... - that's after all why i was responding. :)

to my2cents: sorry retard i am not a gay - look somewhere else for action.

#37     Sep 27, 2008
  8. I think Wachovia might be acquired by Goldman after the FDIC moves in. Goldman will pay pennies per share just like JP did with WM.

#38     Sep 28, 2008
  9. HooLee

HooLee

10. Wachovia does have good parts in its business, its just that the bad parts of its operation are dragging everything down.

I dont know what the solution can be, they are kind of big to be taken over.

as for the orginal poster, he is just playing games.Everything was business as usual here this saturday morning in my area,no lines or anything.

#40     Sep 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.