A Photo of a run on the bank

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indymac indeed...

#21     Sep 26, 2008

2. Yep. Discussed in the WM thread(s).

#22     Sep 26, 2008
  3. I was in Wamu today (making a deposit, unlike these fools taking their money out) and i talked to the teller about how bad the "run on the bank" was as the headlines said that 16 billion or so was drawn out over 10 days. She said it was only one day when it was just crazy of people coming in to take their money out. I also asked her about what happened to her 401k. She told me that the bosses were going to figure out YESTERDAY how much was left of the employees 401k and if it was ALL in wamu stock. Then i gave her the bad news that the stock was like 16 cents this morning. She was only a young kid, but she said she had been putting money into that for about 18 months. She said she figured it was probably wiped out now.

In other news, I asked her if my Chase bank card would work there now and she didnt know, so we tried it. It wasnt logged onto the system yet.

This will actually be a good thing for me because i have a chase account where i get automated payments from someone because THEY have chase but there are NO chase atms in my city and i get charged 2 bucks when i move my money from my chase account (because i have to use another atms thats not chase) So i figure this wamu collapse will save me at least 2 bucks per month in atm fees! So there is GOOD news coming out of this deal. :)

#23     Sep 26, 2008
  4. After Enron, I can't imagine a company pushing employees to put much of their 401k in their own stock. If she didn't know where the money was, she really needs to get in touch with it and find out. That's scary.

And why the hell didn't she tell people to go how and leave them money alone? :cool:

#24     Sep 26, 2008
  5. Cutten

Cutten

It's amazing how cavalier people are with their money.

#25     Sep 26, 2008
  6. I tell my kids, if you don't watch your money, believe me other people will. In fact I think that is all people do in this country is count/watch everybody else's money who has time for their own. :cool:

#26     Sep 26, 2008
  7. You're being too kind. These are the same people that fed the housing ponzi scheme.

Just admit that the average person is an idiot, either genetically or because they watch too much baseball and dancing with the stars.

This is the ugly truth, I'm just the messenger.

#27     Sep 26, 2008
  8. TGregg

TGregg

It's bs, like most everything else he posts.

#28     Sep 26, 2008
  9. I haven't seen the other stuff he's posted, but after seeing it, my first thought was ban this a-hole.

That kind of humor might be fine in his Jonas Brother Fan Club forum, but not here where some might look at it bordering on criminal. If not just plain stupid and irresponsible. :cool:

#29     Sep 27, 2008
  10. I just looked at a few other threads of his; 2 user names.

I agree with him. We should be able to vote him off the island. If this forum SW had the "ignore" button, I'd use it for the first time ever. :D

#30     Sep 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.