A peek inside the Health Care Bill

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the1, Nov 11, 2009.

1. clacy

clacy

I have read a fair amount of HR3200 and I can say that it will be a job killer for many small businesses.

Anyone involved in the writing of this bill clearly has never run a small business.

#21     Nov 12, 2009

2. You lost me there , I mean that had me laughing so hard coca cola came shooting out my nose.

#22     Nov 12, 2009
  3. Complete BS . If you want someone to take the responsibility of diagnosing or acting in the capacity of an MD you will need to pay him more for assuming the risks of those decisions.

If I'm not going to get paid more why should I risk getting sued?

2 words for you: TORT REFORM

#23     Nov 12, 2009
  4. tman

tman

These prices are what you would pay in New Jersey today. The federal plan will pretty much bring NJ style health insurance to the whole country. We already enjoy community rating with coverage for pre-existing conditions after a 6 month waiting period. At least I could leave NJ if I wanted to. Now there'll be no place to hide.

#24     Nov 12, 2009
  5. the1

the1

I'm not the one who took offense to that issue. I actually believe the health care industry should use Physician's Assistants more frequently, including the care for hospice patients. I frequently visit a PA rather than my regular doctor if I need to be seen for routine things. With the internet at my hands I frequently know just as much as my doctor or PA.

Now if I need someone to ram their finger up my backside and have a good feel around then yeah, I'm gonna have to see the chief. No way I'm giving an Assistant that kind of pleasure :)

#25     Nov 12, 2009
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Exactly. That's one way to bring in competition and bring down costs: use a wider range of medically trained personnel and give them greater responsibilities within their areas of training.

In many countries, for example, pharmacists can prescribe a wide range of drugs. You don't need a physicians prescription to get an effective corticosteroid for poison. This need to run to a physician for every prescription has become a real racket in the US.

#26     Nov 12, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

OK take 1.06 trillion over ten years. Now figure out how much per person that comes to per month. You do the math.

#27     Nov 12, 2009
  8. If you believe this low cost 30$/month thing you have problems with gullibility and need to be careful of telemarketers,and trading system hucksters.

#28     Nov 12, 2009
  9. Mnphats

Mnphats

I do agree with what you posted. However, we already have this option. I don't need the government to TELL me I have to use a nurse practitioner.

#29     Nov 12, 2009
  10. You can get a lower price in NY than $1,300/month. Check out www.ehealthinsurance.com

I saw a quote in Manhattan for a family of three for $340/month, which was the cheapest with Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield.

#30     Nov 13, 2009