A notice to the wet behind the ear fresh HS grads.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Oct 6, 2011.

1. I have a son who is a high school senior with a great GPA and awesome test scores. He can't get a job making minimum wage, because they're being taken by guys my age (and older).

His only hope is to get a degree in a field that is in demand. Problem is that by the time he graduates, those jobs will also be outsourced, or filled by H1B's.

Scary times for young people. :confused:

#21     Oct 7, 2011
  2. We need a guy like Kramer to run for President.

He's got energy, and knows how to deal with adversity. :p

#22     Oct 7, 2011
  3. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Great story. Sometimes these liberal bubble heads drive me up the wall for no reason other than the fact that they're wrong but don't have the matter between their ears to know they're wrong!

#23     Oct 7, 2011
  4. My son in fourth grade was doing a paper with alliterative sentences using fruits. When I suggested the word "tomato" he gave me a look of horror and replied that he would get an automatic "F".

You see, his college educated, Master's degree holding teacher INSISTS that a tomato is a vegetable, despite all factual evidence to the contrary. She went so far as to send a child to the office for arguing the point with her. Luckily for her, it wasn't my child.

These are the people charged with educating our children. :confused:

#24     Oct 7, 2011
  5. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

'

Dont go in the nuclear bunker just yet.

Everything on that list reminds me of 1985 and we survived that just find.. Except #7,, although i wish it was around then.

You do remember the cheesy 80" dont you,, the "me" decade. deisgner jeans, crazy ass hair styles, bmw, coke and the other coke, credit cards, LBO, crazy stock market, how every one popped up thier collard on thier Polo shirts,,,. Over leveraged debt, crazy consumerism. That was 1986, although when you are living in it, its hard to see the forest cuz of the tress or something..

Totally far out , dude. (80's)

EF

#25     Oct 7, 2011
  6. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

The Roman empire lasted almost 2000 years, because the smartest people in each town worked for the Empire/Goverment. Thats where the highest pay (legit or not) was at. So thats where the brains went.

Nowadays, the smartest people are at Intel, Google, and wall street. No wonder we have been around for about 250years, and have almost collapsed the whole system twice. Imagine lasting 2000 years??.............

Govt and state pay needs to be the highest, then you will get brains and the competent people in there, until then they will go to CSCO or GS etc..

EF

#26     Oct 7, 2011