A not too expensive TA software please

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by shortbleu, May 23, 2009.

1. just21

just21

Who is your broker? Do you have a datafeed from them?

#11     May 25, 2009
  2. My broker is activtrades, they use the datafeed patsystems and the trading execution platform is J-Trader. I only do long term trading with them as commissions are expensive.

I am considering opening a live account with Open E Cry for day trading as they have much cheaper commissions

I'll have two brokers, one for long term trading and one for day trading, so the charts sofware could be compatible with one or the other, it does not matter much.

Any suggestions?

#12     May 25, 2009
  3. shortblue, please read your thread's subject and then your comments the suggested software... you are not making any sense, you want "not too expensive" but look for expensive things...

if you don't think you can afford a good sofware and feed you probably cannot afford to trade -- something for you to consider...

#13     May 25, 2009
  4. Just trying to get a good software like prorealtime but a bit cheaper really.

I found the tarification link for esignal as follow:
    http://www.esignal.com/esignal/pricing.aspx

I don't understand how much I would have to pay for EUREX futures in realtime, can someone help?

What about EUREX futures + CME futures?

Thanks

#14     May 25, 2009
  5. I think that Ninja is $ 50 /month .Only pared down demo is free.

#15     May 25, 2009
  6. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Incorrect. See my signature below. You only pay to execute live trades through a brokerage account otherwise, it is fully funcional and free.

#16     May 25, 2009
  7. ALL TA software, books, seminars, etc. are expensive, even if free: TA just doesn't work.

#17     May 25, 2009
  8. Thanks for correcting me .
    I stand corrected.

#18     May 25, 2009
  9. Eight

Eight

If you try to argue that in a real debate then you are trying to prove that something is impossible and philosophically that is a big no no. So you really can't prove that statement other than empirically and I pose to you that that is also unlikely. If somebody is using TA to make money they are not going to share how they do it, in fact they aren't going to even share THAT they do it maybe... there is a paranoia factor.

That said, I've tested a lot of the common ideas and none worked. I've come up with uncommon ideas with much promise though...

#19     May 25, 2009
  10. Making money trading is an illusion.
    You can make some big money for a time, only to blow up later.

Nothing and nobody may forecast the future.

#20     May 25, 2009