A no-brainer day!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, May 8, 2002.

1. what was the basis for your entry on NQ in premarket at 1203( often if will drop at the open at least a few points when gapping like this) ?

how about a link to the chat log?

#41     May 8, 2002
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Here you go. The logs are generally only available to members, but I will keep this up for a few hours in order to satisfy your curiousity.

http://www.tradingfrommainstreet.com/logforkicking.html

Brandon

#42     May 9, 2002
  3. Babak

Babak

Kymar, man that is tough. But I gotta tell ya, you have my respect and best wishes. Hang in there and the next time you get into a jam like that just take 10 deep breaths and center yourself.

Brandon, nice.

#43     May 9, 2002
  4. Miki

Miki

Kymar, this is what I posted in #daytraders chatroom:

“my brain is too stupid to follow the trading plan it created :mad: ”.

I am not going to elaborate this statement any further.

It suffices to say that my day could have been better.

Good luck in the future.

#44     May 9, 2002
  5. "Maybe my discombobulation had something to do with the weird stubbornness that then took me over. "

Ah yes. This "wierd stubborness" is my nemisis.

I, too, thought the ticks were strange yesterday. Not at all what I would have expected for a trend day up. They seen to move inversely to the market making lower highs all day.Anybody have an explanation?

#45     May 9, 2002
  6. pitufo

pitufo

I got slapped right from the beginning selling thousands of C and having it move 1/2 a point against me in the first big move. I really don't enjoy rallies in the least bit, they are so hard to trade.

Days like this day I am jealous of position traders and for about .00012 of a second I wish I weren't a scalper,.....but then I realize that although I traded 1,000,000 shares and bust my butt all day for peanuts, I didn't know IBM was going up and up and up and up, I don't know anything beyond the 20 second trade I am in, and 25% of the time I don't even know that.

#46     May 9, 2002
  7. Nebeno

Nebeno

I love that, and understand completely. As I have found in trading as well as life, The only flaw of my logic, is that I am illogical. It's good to know I'm not the only one without a no-brainer day.

Ben

#47     May 9, 2002
  8. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

Today is also a "no-brainer" day. Don't abort, stay short. I'll let you know how it works.

#48     May 9, 2002

9. IMHO the second you relax and let your guard down you get smacked upside the head. It's practically axiomatic.

#49     May 9, 2002
  10. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

Darkhorse,

Very good point. I know enough to not force my opinion on the market, just sometimes I don't know enough to let my rational thoughts control my emotional thoughts.

(BTW, I like your signature)

#50     May 9, 2002