A no-brainer day!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, May 8, 2002.

1. My Dearest Brother Fitz,

After multiple red days and good news on CSCO, with its associated action in premarket today and afterhours yesterday, and the fact that global markets were green on the back of CSCO before the US even opened, I think one could take such a bet... I saw the opportunity, Brandon saw the opportunity, probably anyone who saw the blood for the last few days and understood that CSCO was a potential capitulation market-turner saw the opportunity.... it simply seems you didn't ... but it was a no-brainer, in my opinion...

Love,
    Candle

#11     May 8, 2002
  2. Babak

Babak

I didn't see this in my crystal ball but there was so much talk of oversold and the market was screaming towards oblivion that a day like today was really needed. So I wasn't really shocked either. Bear rallies are ruthless and sharp.

CSCO had nothing to do with it.If it wouldn't have been CSCO then it would have been another 'reason'. Maybe the ML settlement talks or whatever. The market does what it does. We just have to react.

#12     May 8, 2002
  3. The fact remains that anyone who had traded CSCO in afterhours yesterday would have seen strength there and the strong likelihood of a gap up... and indeed CSCO gapped up, and went straight up from the opening prints in today's premarket, by which time the entire world to the east of USA was already having a massively green day on the back of CSCO... CSCO was the catalyst that the market needed, at the very least for a single session rally... let's hope that today was not a one day wonder in the indices, but instead the beginning of a sustainable move...

#13     May 8, 2002
  4. One day out of ten the market gives up easy money.

It's the other nine that spank most traders.

#14     May 8, 2002
  5. Today reminded me so much of the reversal day back in late September...except a big winner for me then was JNPR.....does anyone see any big differences? The a/d line looked ok, but not great...

#15     May 8, 2002
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Nice that you reworded this last sentence Candle, toning it down a bit, the way you originally had it was a bit harsh....:eek:

#16     May 8, 2002

7. Sure- the dates are completely different and the markets are completely different.

Chaotic systems eternally cycle through patterns that often look familiar but never exactly repeat....:D

#17     May 8, 2002
  8. spencer

spencer

Point is there ain't no point to your post, candle,
    other than self-aggrandizement. Its not educational,
    it’s not encouraging, and its not even amusing, other
    than the fact that you’re just stroking yourself in
    front of all of the members in the hope that we’ll all
    just imagine what a big man you would like us to think
    you are. Apparently there are plenty of decent traders
    here who saw the same thing but didn’t see there way
    to making a spectacle outta themselves by putting on a
    public show.

As Fitz said, maybe you could really go out on a limb
    and post a guess before the market ended. Now that’d
    be something to brag about. Up or down? Hell, candle
    you got a 50/50 shot at that one.

#18     May 8, 2002
  9. well said.

#19     May 8, 2002
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Very astute, very accurate. The so-called CSCO "reason" had little to do with the real underlying forces. But it provides a good explanation to soothe people's minds.

#20     May 8, 2002