A no-brainer day!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, May 8, 2002.

1. What a gift of a day!

Buy at the open, sleep and wake up to sell at the close!!!

2. lescor

lescor

Unless you're a spread trader. Then you just cringe and try to resist deviating from the plan. Maybe get 'one-sided' a couple times.

3. I am a swing trader. I will cover my short tomorrow. Oops, I said that yesterday.

4. Eldredge

Eldredge

Didn't the long side of your spreads move up as much as the short side (or hopefully more)? Or am I thinking of the wrong kind of spread?

5. Fitz

Fitz

...and I'm sure you knew this at 9:30 this morning, oh wait you didn't post this until after the market already closed for the day.

Hindsight is great huh? :eek:

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Large Trap gaps, such as we had today at the open, are probably the most powerful pattern you will see in the market. If you study gaps, it was fairly obvious what would happen.

[09:05] [Brandon] I think by the close we will have seen a +100 day on the Nasdaq
    [09:05] [Brandon] I dont know if it'll close there
    [09:05] [Brandon] but at some point I think we will see it

Timestamp is Central Time.

7. Brother Fitz,

If you followed the news on CSCO, and gauged the buying on it from the word go, you could make a well-placed bet on what Brandon correctly predicted... not hindsight, just an educated pre-emptive guess... which is what trading is!!

Love,
    Candle

8. Yeah but the real question is: did you short anything today? Did ya', uh? did ya'? :p

9. Fitz

Fitz

Sorry man, in no way am I your brother.

I just found it funny how you post stuff like this after the fact. So glad to hear you bought the open and cashed in on the close/top. :p

10. flea

flea

Sure did took a buck out of ESRX of the open

#10     May 8, 2002