A New Undicator: NMA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Joe Doaks, Feb 17, 2008.

1. That is really funny. LOL. It is not lost now! I thought he was someone from somewhere as I typically receive (real emails) written almost like he wrote his messages. This guy is really funny. I like him.

#11     Feb 20, 2008
  2. There are typos. Here is one: UNvention instead of Invention in "Therefore I am displeased to UNtroduce my latest unvention"

#12     Feb 20, 2008
  3. Unvention wasn't a typo.

#13     Feb 20, 2008
  4. A friend of mine is visiting with me, and responded on mybehalf to have fun/etc... He thinks trading is easy, and I challenged him to try. Hopefully the market will have a newbie/student.

Joe's posts are great (funny and true)!

#14     Feb 21, 2008
  5. Mr Doaks, it is good to see that your new Undi(e)cator bears a remarkable resemblance to VWAP - purely coincidental of course. And lest we forget, the wider the crayon the better the trade. I am sure even Monsieur Plecostomus would approve.

#15     Feb 21, 2008
  6. NMA looks like a really slow moving average....am I missing something ?

#16     Feb 21, 2008
  7. syswizard, see my post above.

#17     Feb 21, 2008
  8. If you want a moving average that doesn't move, just use a freaking KAMA (Kaufman adaptative moving average)

It goes flat at the slightest hint of slowdown

#18     Feb 21, 2008
  9. A brilliant observation, Equalizer. I myself deconstructed NMA and was severely disappointed to find that it is merely VWAP without the volume, a Price-Weighted Average Price, or PWAP, as it were. And you are right, it needs to be drawn with a blunter crayon to be an effective undicator.

#19     Feb 21, 2008
  10. Hey joe, thank you and all your groupies for the amazing indicators you have devined and graciously posted in these pages over the years...

I have made millions upon millions using them ad unnaseumm...
    to be honest, after tweaking them just a little....

#20     Feb 21, 2008