A New Theory of Market Timing

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Joe Doaks, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Based on our PM chat - please explain to the other Eter's how you use the following unconventional Volume Sudies -

1) Milliliters of urine passed during break
    2) Cubic feet of flatulence passed during trading
    3) Total words plied in last day's postings (diatribes) re: Jack
    4) Number of threats per day from ET moderators about banning if you don't remain on topic
    5) Number of ET alias's used per day

I realize you only publicly listed four, but I added the fifth after receiving a PM from Magna who monitored our PM exchange.

I think your explanation will go a long way in helping others understand your remarkable trading history.

#11     Aug 22, 2007
  2. Whimsy, I often suffer from lapses of consciousness, but your post has me baffled. What screen name did you PM with? I think you have me confused with Trader228, Trader666, Dalailama, Jack Hershley, et al. The only thing I have in common with them is that we are all assholes. I don't recall from your posts that you are particularly nice, either. And BTW, I am very difficult to impersonate: urbane, cultured, literate, articulate, logical, comprehensible. You know, the opposite of Jack.

#12     Aug 22, 2007
  3. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Joe:

You are correct. I was PMing with John Merchant about his use of volume, as in, "it speaks volumes....".

Disregard my post. I'll drop a note to the moderator to get it removed.

Once again, abject, heart-felt apologies if I caused you any befuddlement.

#13     Aug 22, 2007
  4. Market timing is about using market patterns and cycles, not about Joe's, yours or mine comfort.

#14     Aug 23, 2007