a new exchange for the hft challenged

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by zdreg, Jun 26, 2013.

will this exchange be successful?

1. it will never come into existence

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. it will be unsuccessful because it does not have enough liquidity

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. it will attract enough order flow to be successful

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. i don't care because i am not affected by hft trading

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Gosh you make that sound like a sin. :cool:

#11     Jun 26, 2013
  2. zdreg

zdreg

i like steve also don't have troubles with fills.

you have surprised people by crossing the line into whining. if you can't make money with a penny spread maybe like many others on ET perhaps you should depend on your wife's earnings.

spend a week with pay for order flow retail trading firms and then tell us your viewpoint.

#12     Jun 26, 2013
  3. Bob111

Bob111

look...it's really simple..let me ask you this-what competition you are talking about?
    here is how i see it- smaller number of exchanges and simple rules for EVERY participant. (no ability to place sub penny order for certain groups of 'chosen ones')
    this would create a competition thru the price. people from all over the world have to come and compete on PRICE . all at same place. it's use to be like that priorities,remember them? price,size,time. in this exact order. where are they now? GONE. well..except for the price,which was abused all the time thru subpennying.
    now-what's your competition creates? we got 60 exchanges and you want more competition. what they create? they create competition for ORDER FLOW. you and i on our retail level-we don't' want that. well maybe you do,but i don't. do you like ,when your broker selling the info about order, you just submitted to other market participants and route your order wherever they want? i don't. do you like that someone can see your order before it can reach any exchange? i can go on forever on this subject,cause i see this sh**t every single day,10's if not 100's times a day. this is not pro retail market. it newer was,but today-it's just brutal.and this is precisely why US stock market is dead and dry. and so ET

#13     Jun 26, 2013
  4. Bob111

Bob111

i'm very comfortable at my house. and that's the way aha aha i like it..:p

#14     Jun 26, 2013
  5. Bob111

Bob111

here is an example that might help some to understand the difference between price competition and competition that we have now-between exchanges,for order flow
    this is a 5 min chart for just random ticker. RGEN. 7$ dollar stock with 350K average volume. compare this chart with same average volume and price stock back to 2002-05. you will see,that the price will be more fluent,smooth,liquid if you will. that's how it's use to look,when many participants compete on fewer exchanges with PRICE. and this is how it looks now-just some random spikes here and there with long periods,where there is no trading at all(cause there is no REAL participants,no retail traders,like you and me)
    those 'competitors' killed the golden goose-retail trading and now slowly chewing each other. i will survive,but i'm disgusted by current environment for retail trading(stocks in particular).

#15     Jun 26, 2013
  6. Ah, I don't trade stocks with less than 1M shares/day.

#16     Jun 26, 2013
  7. Sounds like you need a new broker.

#17     Jun 26, 2013
  8. zdreg

zdreg

earlyexit

New Post 06-26-13 02:42 PM

Quote from Bob111:

do you like ,when your broker selling the info about order, you just submitted to other market participants and route your order wherever they want? i don't. do you like that someone can see your order before it can reach any exchange?

Sounds like you need a new broker.

nah. he can route it wherever he wants.

#18     Jun 26, 2013
  9. The OP is absolutely an idiot.

He doesn't know what HFT is. Followed by emg, another total idiot!

You can bet all your money on my statements. Those two are complete idiots!

#19     Jun 26, 2013
  10. Since nobody knows me I own the United States 50th registered stock exchange, and as far as this is concerned my droid bots seem more optimistic when I'm driving fast, than when I'm worried about them, and that's how it ought to be with my girls, too, so if they're not watching out, I bet when I get a Ferrari my droidbots will trade even better down 75 and 95, right??!!?

I like nobody has leaked the technological philosophy I've brought to my own financial enterprise. Well, Good! That's how I'd really like to keep it, but in the sub-pennying the micro-subvolumizing is necessary too carried out in due process mostly by clouds of prepackaged microdatafeeds that shouldn't look much more than a dual double dom of 4 sides of size price and market order taking.

#20     Jun 26, 2013