a new exchange for the hft challenged

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by zdreg, Jun 26, 2013.

will this exchange be successful?

1. it will never come into existence

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. it will be unsuccessful because it does not have enough liquidity

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. it will attract enough order flow to be successful

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. i don't care because i am not affected by hft trading

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. zdreg

zdreg

2. Bob111

Bob111

makes no sense.canada (and us) need a new set of rules and regulations,not another exchange

3. emg

emg

HFT will always win.

Once a upon time, the floor dominated trading during the ancient time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these guys were the HFT during the ancient time. whoever the fastest floor trader able to get filled in and out win

[​IMG]

This is how Human High Frequency Trader looks like

[​IMG]

Then comes the introduction of Electronic trading. Computer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Electronic trading revolution disrupted Human High Frequency Trader

[​IMG]

Finally, when 99% of trading done by electronic, the introduction of

High Frequency Trader. Replaced Human Frequency Trader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

u can't stop technology. whoever has the advanced technology wins. will always win

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Mind blowing flashback.

5. Oh, I don't know. I'm Libertarian-leaning and would rather see more competition in the exchange arena than more government regulation.

6. zdreg

zdreg

+1

old saying applies here picture worth a thousand words.

---------------------

"u can't stop technology. whoever has the advanced technology wins. will always win"

true but governments can set up roadblocks through regulations which can block the best technology for decades.
    if anybody believes that statement to be false please attempt to disprove it.

7. Bob111

Bob111

and how is it working for you now? currently, in US we have 60+ market centers. basically-there is an ECN\exchange in every big city
    not to mention dark pools. and they all shoveling same exact stocks that use to traded on 2 exchanges. NYSE and NASDAQ. let me repeat-how it working for YOU? cause it's ain't working for me. all i can see is that the hundreds of shares are passing by at my price and i got no fill. 10 of times,every single day. i can be 100 times right about the price move in short term,but it's useless,cause i can't get filled. why? cause trade is always some place else. not on exchange ,where my order is sitting. good luck spreading your orders all over the place or chasing the price on certain exchanges. why? cause it's too fucking many of them.competition my ass.even SEC themselves are stated that it is impossible to regulate anything at current micro structure of US stock markets. yeah..it's a wild wild west . all cause 'they' used exact same phrase as you did-competition.
    how that new canadian exchange will compete against HFT? explain it to me. all i can see is an arbitrage opportunity between two exchanges,that have different set of rules. to me it's mean-MORE HFT

8. I'm not sure what you're doing. I get filled all the time without noticeable delay in stocks and options.

9. zdreg

zdreg

probably a ftt tax of .0001 not .001 would end hft trading.
    stock prop trading does not exist in the UK because of the stamp tax etc.

10. Bob111

Bob111

if you buy 100 shares of SPY at ask and sell it at the bid-yes,you won't feel a thing.

#10     Jun 26, 2013