A New Contra-Undicator

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Joe Doaks, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Yes, we ignore elasticity at our peril. It may snap at our fingers just as we feel success is within our reach.

As an aside, do you think that Bollinger Bands were named in honor of Mrs. Bollinger? As I have never seen her, I cannot comment on her size. However, I have it on good authority that, although Mr. Bollinger currently favors using 2 standard deviations for this undicator, he only used 1 standard deviation while they were still courting many years ago.

#21     Mar 28, 2008
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Although I have no doubts that Mr. Bollinger admired his wife Undicators I am now convinced that he was thinking about the Bollinger Sparkling Wine rather about his wife when he developed his bands. After all, it’s easier to predict the future after a couple of “Bollingers” than after talking to your wife!

http://shopping.msn.com/results/spa...?text=category:sparkling-wine+Brand:Bollinger

P.S. James Bond was a big fan of those Undicators
    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-26-2006/0004460394&EDATE=

#22     Mar 28, 2008
  3. Vienna

Vienna

That is where I think you are confused. Panty Lines are lines of Resistance, not support, but they can be overcome if your trend is strong enough. Hence the need for a big increase in Volume, as JH always points out.
    This also explains why Marketsurfer thinks that there are no trends. In the past, he apparently often failed to overcome these lines- he therefore wrongly assumes that all such attempts are futile and that success is purely random.

#23     Mar 28, 2008
  4. 9999

Vienna,
    by the powers vested in me, I hereby declare you Undicator's Great Guru!

#24     Mar 28, 2008
  5. We may be working at cross-purposes here. You raise the issue of liquidity which, some observers believe, results in predictable behavior. Such surges in liquidity result in oft-unwarranted biases in the interpretation of undicator lines. Misplaced confidence can prove both embarrassing and costly, resulting in either a figurative or literal slap in the face for the practitioner.

#25     Mar 28, 2008
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Touché!!!! Once again you prove to me that the practitioner always has the last word! Nicely said! :D

#26     Mar 28, 2008
  7. Your take on the matter is a most interesting one. However, I do believe we are interpreting support and resistance in a somewhat different context. You may wish to reread my earlier post, which you quoted, and reconsider my context. Meanwhile, I stipulate to the validity of your proffered interpretation.

#27     Mar 28, 2008
  8. Thank you. In the end, I think that the asset or market in question is best observed without undicators, overlays or encumbrances of any kind. Only then will the practitioner truly observe and recognize whether there is an opening or opportunity suitable for entry.

On a completely unrelated note, I suspect that the trader who uses undicators is not unlike the guy who goes to a nude beach and then wonders what a naked woman passing by would look like in a bathing suit.

#28     Mar 28, 2008
  9. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

HA, HA, HA !!! :D You made my day today again! Thank you. I was feeling really bad this morning and was in a short trade that was not making it! So the mood was pretty miserable! You saved the day! The trade is over and I had a few good laughs! Have a nice weekend! God bless you!

#29     Mar 28, 2008
  10. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

BTW out of sheer courtesy we should all thank the thread originator for giving us this unique opportunity to exhibit our skills in interpreting the most unusual Contra Undicator around! Thank you!

#30     Mar 28, 2008