A new business Plan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Sounds like a new business plan. . .

Barack Obama discovers a leak under his sink and calls Joe the Plumber to come and fix it.

Joe drives to Obama’s house, which is in a very nice neighborhood where it’s clear that all the residents make more than $250,000 per year.

Joe arrives and takes his tools into the house. He’s shown the room that contains the leaky pipe under the sink. Joe figures it’s an easy job that will take less than ten minutes.
    Obama is standing near the door and asks Joe how much it will cost.
    Joe immediately says, “$9,500.”

“$9,500?” Obama replies stunned. “But you said it’s an easy job!”

“Yeah, but what I do is charge a lot more to my clients who make more than $250,000 per year so I can fix the plumbing of everybody who makes less than that for free,” responds Joe.

Obama tells Joe there’s no way he’s paying that much, so Joe leaves.

A week later the leak gets so bad that the Obamas have had to put a bucket under the sink, and it fills up every two hours, so they call Joe back.

Joe goes back to the Obamas, looks at the leaky pipe, and says “It’ll cost you about $21,000.”

Obama immediately says “A few days ago you told me it would cost $9,500!”

Joe explains, “Well, a lot of rich people are learning how to fix their own plumbing, so there are fewer of you paying for all the free plumbing we’re doing for the people who make less than $250,000 — and I refuse to charge the lesser income people for plumbing work.”

Obama tries to straighten out Joe. “But don’t you get it? If all the rich people learn how to do their own plumbing and you won’t charge the poor people, what will you do for money?”

Joe immediately replies, “Run for president, apparently.”

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

3. Barack Obama discovers a leak under his sink and calls Joe the Plumber to come and fix it.

Joe walks next door to Obama�s house, which is in a very nice neighborhood where it�s clear that all the residents make more than $250,000 per year, including Joe, the unlicensed plumber.

Joe arrives and takes his tools into the house. He�s shown the room that contains the leaky pipe under the sink. Joe figures it�s an easy job that will take less than ten minutes.
    Joe immediately says, �$9,500.�

�$9,500?� Obama replies stunned. �But you said it�s an easy job!�

�Yeah, but what I do is charge a lot more to my clients who make more than $250,000 per year so I can fix the plumbing of everybody who makes less than that for free,� responds Joe.

"Really?" Obama says? That's very nice of you."

"Well," Joe goes on to say, "plus I have to pay my plumbing debt. I kind of lied to my friends that my neighbor was threatening me, so I shot him and his family. Had to pay some legal bills, so there's some debt involved."

"Wow, that's outrageous! How much debt are we talking about, exactly?"

"Eleven trillion. Give or take."

Obama nervously tells Joe there�s no way he�s paying that much, so Joe leaves.

A week later the leak gets so bad that the Obamas have had to put a bucket under the sink, and it fills up every two hours, so they call Joe back.

Joe goes back to the Obamas, looks at the leaky pipe, and says �It�ll cost you about $21,000.�

Obama immediately says �A few days ago you told me it would cost $9,500!�

Joe explains, well now I have to pay interest on the plumbing debt that I have, plus if I didn't fix the poor people's plumbing they'd have been wiped out and I'd have no work in the future. So I gave their bosses free plumbing, so the plumbing will trickle down."

Obama looks at him quizzically.

Joe continues, "Yeah, I don't know how that works either, I read it in a book once. People always claim that they're going to do it themselves, but they never actually do. You know, they just lie about it to try and get a better price."

"You mean like you even lie about your name?"

"Exactly.

Obama tries to straighten out Joe. �But don�t you get it? If you didn't pay your debt down, why did you get in to more debt? Especially why did you lie and make up stories about how your neighbor was threatening you?"

Joe immediately replies, "If I lie about my own name, why wouldn't I?"

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You sorta lost me, but that might be more my fault then yours as I've just taken 45mg of morphine and hour ago is it's a miracle that I'm still awake.
    One point about Joe though...he practices in townships, not in the city of Toledo. To practice in townships all you have to do is find a licenced plumber who will let you practice under his, and then your good to go.

5. He made your story more applicable to today's economic situation.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bullshit.
    He tried to do a "reverse spin" on the story, but failed miserably.

7. Okay, let me try again:

Barack Obama discovers a leak under his sink and calls someone to come and fix it.

Joe walks to Obama's house and knocks on the door.

Obama's Secret Service security detail grab "Joe" and wrestle him to the ground. "He's under a fake name and isn't a plumber at all! Get him away from the president! Threat! Threat!"

And, unlike Guckert/Gannon, people under fake names with fake jobs without credentials aren't allowed in the White House anymore.

8. Barack Obama discovers a leak under his sink and calls Joe the Plumber to come and fix it.

Joe drives to Obama’s house, which is in a very nice neighborhood where it’s clear that all the residents make more than $250,000 per year.

Joe arrives and takes his tools into the house. He’s shown the room that contains the leaky pipe under the sink. Joe figures it’s an easy job that will take less than ten minutes.
    Joe immediately says, “$9,500.”

“$9,500?” Obama replies stunned. “But you said it’s an easy job!”

“Yeah, but what I do is charge a lot more to my clients who make more than $250,000 per year so I can fix the plumbing of everybody who makes less than that for free,” responds Joe.

Obama tells Joe "get the fuck out of my house you dumbshit, there are plenty of other plumbers more capable than you."

Obama then gets the yellow pages and calls Jose's plumbing, and Jose, who is more than glad to get a job and do the work, charges him $100. Problem solved.

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Not if Joe beats the holy shit out of you for even thinking of calling Jose (or as the case might be with the gov't throws you in jail)

10. There are 10 Jose's for every Joe in America.

#10     Nov 3, 2008