a neat site

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by eli1, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Turok

Turok

>209ms ping is quite good.

"quite good". as compared to what? In my world that is a horrible ping time.

JB

#31     Nov 25, 2001
  2. eli1

eli1

Compared to the average ping in the net which stands at around 280ms all connection/distances included...

I personally get 45ms to anywhere in the world cause im sitting on the main ATM backbone of nothern europe. But then again I don't need to bark... Turok

#32     Nov 25, 2001
  3. yes cable modem with ping plotter. As a comparison QCharts is usually 12 hops with 50-80 ms ping

#33     Nov 25, 2001
  4. Turok

Turok

>>"quite good". as compared to what? In my
    >>world that is a horrible ping time.

>Compared to the average ping in the net
    >which stands at around 280ms all
    >connection/distances included...

Through any wired connection (pots, dsl, isdn, cable) in the US, you will have a very, very hard time finding a reliable data supplier/isp combo that will ping at much over 100ms.

Don't know where your 280ms "average ping on the net" comes from but in the trading world I don't believe that is anything close to average.

Bottom line is that 200+ is slow compared to many, many data options.

JB

#34     Nov 25, 2001
  5. monee

monee

Thanks goldnucs

Called Townsend today and they recommended deleting the position window, and it works fine now.Dont exactly understand why but it works.

#35     Nov 26, 2001
  6. eli1

eli1

Anyone been on the trial today?
    What do you guys think?

#36     Nov 26, 2001
  7. wild

wild

very swift & friendly response to inquiries & helpful chat.

from today on www.ird.com even opened us futures & german exchanges for the free trial.

a very neat site indeed ...

regards

wild

#37     Nov 27, 2001
  8. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Is it just me, or did the title of this thread change?

#38     Nov 28, 2001
  9. eli1

eli1

You are absolutely right.

I remember when creating this thread I named it :

"a neat site (cheap realtick)"

And since you are a moderator can you explain why the change and if it is not you then who did it please ?

#39     Nov 28, 2001
  10. mjt

mjt

I moderate this particular forum. I have no idea why the name of the thread changed. My guess is that Baron changed it because he thought it was misleading to say that this software is the same as Real Tick. He's always been partial to that software as far as I can tell.

#40     Nov 28, 2001