a neat site

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by eli1, Nov 23, 2001.

1. goldnucs

goldnucs

"Anyone have any ideas why in the last few days my real tick layout appears all on 1 monitor. If I stretch it out to all 4 monitors and save the layout it is fine until I log off and back on then it's all back on 1"

I've had that problem and it seems like it took forever to fix. It turned out to be a hardware config issue....I'd fix it and a few days later, it would occur again. I've since reformatted my hard drive which took care of it permanenly. I can't remember for sure, but I believe it was a display parameter in tal.ini which showed (just as an example):

position= 2 -17, 3852 1018

where each of the 4 numbers represents the address of the corners (i guess) of your window.

I had to play around with them until i got the window to open up where it fit perfectly across all of my monitors, then save the ini file [make sure you write down the correct parameters]

Hope that helps

rick

#21     Nov 25, 2001
  2. eli1

eli1

I beleive you should simply "wait" and be patient until you get your trial accounts to try the service and see for yourself wether it is slow / fast / good / crap or whatever :)

Only problem for some of you is that their standard trial account only offers access to UK stock and futures and World indices, so you will have all the major US indices like the DOW, NAS , Nikkei ect.. but not individual stocks. It is still possible to "check" the speed when looking at these indices.

#22     Nov 25, 2001
  3. eli1

eli1

THe server on IRD that I connect to for TA_SRV $IFEED$ is 193.8.69.201

Try and ping that guys and you will see what type of ping you get to it.

Elicoppo

#23     Nov 25, 2001
  4. Turok

Turok

>"Anyone have any ideas why in the last few days
    >my real tick layout appears all on 1 monitor. If I
    >stretch it out to all 4 monitors and save the layout
    >it is fine until I log off and back on then it's all
    >back on 1"

I've had no problems with my Multi-monitor (3) system at all. As noted by others, it must be some kind of specific hardware issue.

JB

#24     Nov 25, 2001
  5. Turok

Turok

>I beleive you should simply "wait" and be patient
    >until you get your trial accounts to try the service
    >and see for yourself wether it is slow / fast / good
    > / crap or whatever

This I can agree with.

>Only problem for some of you is that their standard
    >trial account only offers access to UK stock and
    >futures and World indices, so you will have all the
    >major US indices like the DOW, NAS , Nikkei ect.. but
    >not individual stocks. It is still possible to "check" the
    >speed when looking at these indices.

I can't agree with this as written. Data supply speeds can vary greatly depending on the volume of data requested. For example, one of my data suppliers is SLK. I have found them to be on the average something like 15ms faster providing me with Naz Lvl2 quotes (as compared to RT) UNTIL the volume picks up. Try to trade CSCO on the open, or after any FOMC or other big news and SLK can be over 1000ms behind RT.

You don't know how a data provided helps or hurts you until you use it *for your purposes on the securities you trade* over a period of time and compare the results. For some, this might be the cat's meow, for others it might not.

JB

#25     Nov 25, 2001
  6. Does realtick or IRD have a built in live stock scanner (something to tell you when stocks meet your configured parameters to buy or sell ) ?

If not what do most of you guys use? I know cyber has one built in but I don't trade via cyber.

Thanks

#26     Nov 25, 2001
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

o10maximus,

Does realtick or IRD have a built in live stock scanner

I can't speak for IRD (although I suspect it's the same), but Realtick did not have a scanner built in until very recently when it acquired hottrends.com. Other than that there are quite a number of third-party scanners (Sort Wizard, iWatch, Oz Scan) that use the TAL data feed and are fully integratable with Realtick.

#27     Nov 25, 2001
  8. 35 hops .....yikes!

ping 209 ms

Could be a good service for overseas futures markets will have to take a look.

Nice find.

#28     Nov 25, 2001
  9. eli1

eli1

209ms ping is quite good. Are you using a modem ?

#29     Nov 25, 2001
  10. Magna

I don't use realtick, do you know of any other scanners that are free standing (provide the data source).

Thanks

#30     Nov 25, 2001