A movie to awake the masses of dummies

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cgtrader, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

If your the billionaire do you really care that much about the peasant?

#41     Jul 23, 2008
  2. I did, but it was too late to edit the post.

#42     Jul 23, 2008
  3. They must care. Most donate to charities.

#43     Jul 23, 2008
  4. lol, they must

#44     Jul 23, 2008
  5. thank you

#45     Jul 23, 2008
  6. achilles28

achilles28

How about running for Congress? We need more Ron Paul Libertarians in there. You definitely qualify.

#46     Jul 23, 2008
  7. thanks again for proving my point. you have nothing to add what-so-ever to ET except bashing and pointless posts that have nothing to do with trading

#47     Jul 23, 2008
  8. What we need to solve this problem is the following:

+Universal Health care

+Deployment of our military overseas on bases for years and years

+ Extended Unemployment insurance for months and months

+ Pay for housing for people that have had their homes wiped out from storms for over a year (after all they can't be expected to find a house on their own can they)

+ War on drugs, Whats wrong with over a million people locked up that could be out paying taxes. Don't think the war on drugs is working? How many gun fights and drive bys have there been in the last 10 yrs over the sale of beer in your area?

+ Medicare and Medicaid. whats a few Trillion dollars among friends?? What? we can't pay for it?? no problem, for everything else there is mastercard.

+ WIC, women and children program. Cant afford to pay your bills? have a kid, as a matter of fact have several and we will even give you more money

+ Global warming, lets spend huge amounts of money and one day we will say we are causing an ice age, then we will say we are causing the earth to warm up. Don't think the people will buy into this crap? No worry, most people will watch one movie with little science behind it and treat it like a new religion.

+ Pet project, need a bridge to nowhere or how about a museum on the natural habitat of bugs for your town.

+ Gambling, we dont think gambling is good so we want to pass a law that says no internet gambling allowed. Doest work and sends huge amounts of money offshore? Stop worrying about facts, at least we made it illegal and that should be enough.

+ College is too expensive, lets subsidize it with federal money and that way it will become affordable to all. Hmmm why are my student loans taking forever to pay off and why do these schools waste soooo much money. Cant figure it out.

+No child left behind or what ever "nice" sounding name of the week. Lets have the kids practice doing tests all year long. yeah they are fat from playing nintendo and eating suger coated high fructose corn delights. not a problem, get them to pass the written test and move them to the next grade.

+ Cant give the workers enough money for the current year? no problem, we will make the union happy by giving out huge retirement benefits. best part is that we dont have to count the obligation on this years budget and we will be long gone before it hits the fan that we cant actually pay for it all. The stupid union leadership doesn't care either because it makes them look good also.

+fanny and freddy are over their heads?? no problem we will back them up with taxpayer money. We will say "just in case of fire" cost to the tax payer?? this is the best part, we will tell the idiots that it will cost up to 25 Billion and make it sound like we know what we are talking about by having the number come from the congressional budget office. You know, the same people that put the cost of Iraq at about 5% of the real cost. The same people that said the SnL crisis of the 80s would cost between 2-4 billion when in fact it costs around 500 BILLION. Not counting the years and years of VA budgets that need to cover the health care of the vets or the losses from income tax from the vets that WOULD HAVE paid more in taxes if they had a job/better job.

Did I miss something? I am sure I missed a lot. But if you need to get something passed just pull the "children will suffer " or people will get kicked out of their homes or people will not be able to pay their bills yada yada yada cause

Are you a Democrat? F#$K you, are you a Repulican? F#$^K you also. BOTH groups spend more than we bring in and both have sold our children's futures down the drain.

I have two boys, 4 and 6. both can count in chinese and say some basic words and are learning more and more. They are going to need it in the future. Especially the sentence "can we please borrow more money? its for the children"

#48     Jul 23, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

I'm afraid it would be like hollerin' into the wind even if elected.

If Ron Paul had won the presidency, there would have been possibilities. We need somebody of VERY high profile to harp to the public in order to affect change. Or, we need for about 100 Million of us to "get it" and protest loudly. That won't happen in my lifetime... maybe at the very end... but by then it will be too late.

Did any of you catch Jesse Ventura, former Minnesota governor, on Larry King Live last week?

He said...

"1. I'm not voting for president in November.

2. The government constantly lies to me [all of us, of course] and I'm tired of it.

3. Neither party shows any fiscal responsibility".

So... here's somebody with some cred on national TV... we need LOTS more of that.

:mad: :(

#49     Jul 23, 2008

10. I like your attitude. Seriously I do.

#50     Jul 23, 2008