A movie to awake the masses of dummies

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cgtrader, Jul 23, 2008.

1. #21     Jul 23, 2008
  2. Another piker statement

99% of what is on tv, regardless of the country, is crap.

Ignorance doesn't have borders.

#22     Jul 23, 2008
  3. Xuanxue

Xuanxue

There's no accounting for taste, moral relativism, or, apparently, logical deductions with minimal data sets.

And I trade size; a piker I'm not.

#23     Jul 23, 2008
  4. The movie seems like an ideal way of making real problems seem like fiction to the general public. The average joe will end up believing that this whole subprime and debt crisis is probably a hoax in the first place.

<i>The term "conspiracy theory" is itself the object of a type of conspiracy theory, which argues that those using the term are manipulating their audience to disregard the topic under discussion, either in a deliberate attempt to conceal the truth, or as dupes of more deliberate conspirators.</i>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory#Controversy

#24     Jul 23, 2008

5. I think you will find this interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u6lCBnRoHQ

#25     Jul 23, 2008
  6. Speaking of awakening the masses of dummies, let's hope it doesn't go down like it did in 1935:

Triumph Of The Will

#26     Jul 23, 2008
  7. And Obama will save us all by taxing the working class into poverty? Good news for illegals though, as they'll have free health care, education and retirement benefits. The quality of all will be degraded. The other choice is McCain who has no better of a domestic policy and neither of these idiots has a clue about what really needs to be done with foreign policy.

#27     Jul 23, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

Fine for a comedy skit, but totally wrong. The public is "naive, head in the sand, wrap-your-heart-in-the-flag complacent".. of course, that "sucks"... but the politicians are CAPITALIZING on this to RAPE the public purse with impunity... and that really does suck.

Just because one is stupid, naive, falsely-trusting, and complacent does not mean you DESERVE to be abused.

The American populace is like an 8-week old puppy.... totally trusting, totally dependent and wanting to please... and the US Gummint is like the mean, abusive owner who beats the puppy with a shovel for barking in the house. :mad:

#28     Jul 23, 2008

9. The main point is that politicians are public's mirror. Take Scandinavia, for example. They are honest, reserved and humble people. The result - they have the least corrupted governments and police in the world.

#29     Jul 23, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

NOT TRUE IN AMERICA! Our politicians have morphed into "public servants, doing the people's business"... to LYING, THIEVING, LINE OUR OWN POCKETS, PASS THE LIABILITY TO SOMEONE ELSE, HOPE I DIE BEFORE THE PIPER HAS TO BE PAID, BUREAUCRATS.... Our Founding Fathers provided us with a Constitution and Bill-of-Rights to prevent exactly what we've morphed into. But the American politicos have taken advantage of our trust and naivete to milk us for all they can and send us "down the river"... :mad:

#30     Jul 23, 2008