A Moveable Feast

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lencho, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Is it time to buy YRCW yet? Barrons seems to think so. :)

#11     Jan 15, 2007
  2. lencho

lencho

Louisville KY - Thanks for the feedback everyone. As for YRCW, I have no idea. I can tell you that my work is very slow right now and freight volumes are a strong leading indicator for general market health. Hope that helps.

No trading for me today, just didn't fit in the schedule. But I did put in about 3 hours of 'homework', learned a few things, and felt better about myself. What more could I ask for...lencho.

#12     Jan 16, 2007
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

4. lencho

lencho

Haven't posted in a while as my January was quite a debacle. After being up about 35%, I finished down about 20%. I have managed to get back up to breakeven for the year, albeit with way too much stress. That puts me ahead for the month, but I'm just trying to take it trade by trade and not dollar count until the day is done. Today was a nice day for me and I guess that is what inspired me to post. Not that I made much, but I traded it really well and I felt like I was in touch with the market. It felt good. I have made a few lifestyle changes and sacrifices lately to help me reach my goal of becoming a full-time trader. Now, it's just a matter of time and a matter of how bad I want it...lencho.

#14     Feb 6, 2007
  5. lencho

lencho

It's pretty obvious tomorrow will be an expansion day. After 3 days of contraction in the same range, there's just too much money waiting for an invitation. Sure this is basic stuff and everyone knows this, but its usually good for 3-4 ES points. Here's how I play it. I'm looking for an INX inside day less than the ATR which is 9 or so now. Inside days of a wide range are not applicable. When this inside INX day breaks the range by 2 points, follow it. It's confusing to me to follow the INX and ES both, but it works about 75% of the time. Backtest it.....lencho.

#15     Feb 7, 2007
  6. me1969

me1969

That's the right way: focus on the process (basic sport psychology).

#16     Feb 7, 2007
  7. lencho

lencho

I guess it’s time for an update. The past week was one of my worst ever in 6+ years of trucking. It’s not that the job is getting worse, it’s just that I’m becoming less tolerant of the BS involved with it. How many times can I get cut off or jacked with before I decide to happily park my rig on top of a little auto? How long can I put up with being just a pawn in someone else’s game, before I loss my mind? Hopefully this nightmare will be over soon. On the bright side, even though I took today off and missed the gain (or loss) of that big 1000 move, I have been doing really well with my trading. I'm up about 10% on the year after a horrible January. I have learned a little 10 minute ritual that takes me out of my misery and puts me into a happy place where I can trade. Some days, like today, I know it is hopeless so I don’t even bother with it. Tomorrow I am off so I will definitely be trading. Maybe I will post some live calls...lencho.

#17     Feb 14, 2007
  8. lencho

lencho

Here's one of my trades from a while back. It's one of my favorite plays. Basically an oversold or overbought move against the trend. It works everytime, except when it doesn't...lencho.

#18     Feb 14, 2007
  9. lencho

lencho

long 1457.25

#19     Feb 15, 2007
  10. lencho

lencho

sold 1459.50...+2.25....now flat

#20     Feb 15, 2007