A Modest Proposal-- Feds Pay Off Mortgages

Discussion in 'Economics' started by marketsurfer, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ?? who said anything about the feds owning the means of production ( communism ) ?

the feds will not own your house or property---the people retain control

for those who say it isn't fair...since when is life ever fair??

surf

#41     Jun 24, 2009
  2. Daal

Daal

Why should the government payoff EVERY mortgage?The real problem are the mortgages that are missing payments(only a fraction of total mortgages) and they dont have to be paid off to be helped, they can be modified, which is what the government is doing, and it works sometimes. Mortgage debt relief has been made tax free, the government is working on it but its not easy

#42     Jun 24, 2009
  3. Life is fair, that's why the guy who overleveraged himself went broke, and the guy who has all his money in the bank has double the buying power than one year ago. Cop out.

#43     Jun 24, 2009
  4. Occam

Occam

The existence of injustice seems to me an absurd argument for the creation of ever more of it.

#44     Jun 24, 2009
  5. Cutten

Cutten

No, it wouldn't. Look at any country that experienced serious inflation if you want to know why it's bad. We're not talking about 3-4% inflation here, you're suggesting doubling the money supply overnight.

#45     Jun 25, 2009
  6. BVM88

BVM88

You can't be serious. Are you related to Robert Mugabe?

#46     Jun 25, 2009

7. ha ha :D no, its just a modest proposal,

:D

#47     Jun 25, 2009
  8. BVM88

BVM88

You are proposing that the government not only destroy the dollar, but also the bond market. It will be the end of the US as we know it; and you, with your infantile ideas will end up at the airport carrying bags for Chinese tourists in exchange for their valuable Yuan.

#48     Jun 25, 2009
  9. actually, if this would occur, great wealth would flow my way, but seriously, read up on satire...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

in the tradition of the great dr.hunter thompson:

<i>In Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in America: The Brutal Odyssey of an Outlaw Journalist, which contains hundreds of private letters written by Thompson over the years, contains a letter in which he uses A Modest Proposal's satire technique against the Vietnam War. Thompson writes a letter to a local Aspen newspaper informing them that, on Christmas Eve, he was going to use napalm to burn a number of dogs and hopefully any humans they find. This letter protests the burning of Vietnamese people occurring overseas.</i>

#49     Jun 25, 2009