A Modest Proposal-- Feds Pay Off Mortgages

Discussion in 'Economics' started by marketsurfer, Jun 23, 2009.

1. sure, this is one way to do it. just floating an idea...

#21     Jun 23, 2009

2. what's the issue with helping the rich-- which is all relative( hahaha) by the way---- what difference would it make?

#22     Jun 23, 2009
  3. PE; and he was a majority first-round investor in a number of start-ups which are still around. He also ran a fund that traded exotics/structured products.

#23     Jun 23, 2009
  4. I think some of you in this forum really think that nobody on here has any money and that they are all talk. Yeah some people are, but there are a few people on this board worth upwards of 10 million just that i know of (and not because they told me, but i've seen some of the newspaper articles on them). I dont know if that guy has a brother worth 50 million, but i wouldnt take the chance to make a statement like that.

#24     Jun 23, 2009
  5. Nothing at all. It's just that it doesn't impact demand.

#25     Jun 23, 2009
  6. People with serious money won't talk about specifics, and are reluctant to talk even in generalities, because it raises all sorts of concerns.

#26     Jun 23, 2009
  7. I like Swift's Modest Proposal better. Those with means should buy up from the poor and eat all orphans and crack babies and such as a first line of defense. It would be sorta like a pre-Soylent Green era, except they would be smaller and more tender.

#27     Jun 23, 2009
  8. TGregg

TGregg

While we're at it, would you mind handing me a few hundred large, then just forgiving the debt? It's nice and simple, no inflation.

#28     Jun 23, 2009
  9. Cutten

Cutten

If it's a good idea, why stop at $1 million, and why restrict it to people who've borrowed mortgages? Why not just give every citizen $1 billion dollars cash?

#29     Jun 24, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Having trouble making your mortgage payments are you?

#30     Jun 24, 2009