A Modest budge proposal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jun 4, 2012.

1. another black and white thinker. how about we do this for all insurance programs? you only get out what you put in.
    what. you just bought your health insurance 2 years ago and now you need an expensive operation. sorry we can only pay out what you have put in. tough luck on your part.

#11     Jun 4, 2012
  2. Another selective reader. He did write plus interest/gains similar to a 401K.

#12     Jun 4, 2012
  3. Yannis

Yannis

Social Security is not insurance, it's a pension system. Fair is you take out what you put in plus interest/market gains.

#13     Jun 4, 2012
  4. Yannis

Yannis

So, you say let's just stand back and let them come here and kill us, don't act to prevent their continuing aggression even when they attack us on our soil and kill our citizens... Tough to do.

Or, do you think that a just war is one that's fought on our soil, despite centuries of experience that you have to take the battle to your enemy?

#14     Jun 4, 2012
  5. One of my summer jobs when I was in college was working for a brilliant entrepreneur. He was very successful at buying struggling businesses and turning them around. He used to say, "You can't fix a business by tinkering around the edges. You have to ask yourself how you would do things differently if you were starting the business from scratch today. And then you have to make it happen." That kind of thinking is what real leadership is about. Our so-called leaders want to tinker with tax rates and tinker with spending, but there's no real leader who has a vision of what the structure of government should look like today and in the future.

Do we have leaders? No. We have Bush and Obama -- dumb and dumber. Boehner and Pelosi -- stupid and stupider. It's pathetic. There's not a real leader in either party.

The deficit isn't the problem. It's a symptom of a total lack of imagination and leadership in both parties.

#15     Jun 4, 2012
  6. +14 trillion and counting.

#16     Jun 4, 2012
  7. Did I say anything about eliminating the dept of DEFENSE ?

#17     Jun 4, 2012
  8. Yannis

Yannis

I misunderstood. Explain.

#18     Jun 4, 2012

9. In the United States, Social Security refers to the Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Security_(United_States)

#19     Jun 4, 2012
  10. Yannis

Yannis

May sound dumb or dumber but I believe we get the leaders we deserve. Do the best you can to improve yourself and be useful to society. Vote carefully.

#20     Jun 4, 2012