A missive to people who hide behind ignore/block...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Overnight, Dec 8, 2022.

1. TheDawn

TheDawn

Absolutely agree.

Well at least he reacts when you mention his name. I block the good ol' desty out completely and I see him popping up all the time even when I make no mention of his name LOL But since his post shows up as blanks so I don't see his garbage. It's a great system. I don't see his garbage but he still chooses to read my words of wisdom. :D

#31     Dec 31, 2022
    virtusa likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

There is no label function in ET.
    So I use block function instead.

I would like to label members as

Negative energy radiator or generator

Non value added thread creator

Unappreciative thread creator

#32     Dec 31, 2022
    smallfil likes this.
  3. The ignore feature isn't so bad, but the 'block' is particularly bad design.

It is the forum owner you should be venting at for adding the 'block' feature.

The block feature means you can ruin someone else's experience of the site by putting them on block. Can make threads hard to follow and confusing for them.

Why should other people have the power to ruin your use and experience of the site?

The plain 'ignore' feature does not do this, if someone puts you on ignore that just modifies their experience of site but not your. As it should be.

The block feature is very poor design in that it gives other members power over your use of the site by effectively being able to modify your ignore list and putting their names on it, and you cant ever take their names off, even though it is your ignore list.

Try it, try to ignore someone who already has you on block, you cant, the site says you are already ignoring them, because they have effectively been allowed to hack your private ignore list and add their name to it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    #33     Jan 4, 2023
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  4. TheDawn

TheDawn

But if that person is already blocking you, you won't see their posts at all so you won't need to ignore them in the first place. From a logistic point of view, why would you still need to ignore someone who's already not talking to you by not even allowing you to see their posts? This is like you breaking up with someone who's already broken up with you and is now issuing a restraining order against you which is kinda the equivalent of blocking. LOL

#34     Jan 5, 2023
  5. Darc

Darc

I put that Hardison on Block for awhile. Yesterday I got jack of being trolled so put 3 people on Block lol
    I think when people follow others from thread to thread attacking them, the Block function is needed, otherwise it ruins the thread. I'll go toe-toe throwing insults, but the Block is needed to keep threads from being destroyed.

@Overnight blocked :D

#35     Jan 6, 2023
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Here is one of the reasons why the block/ignore feature should be discontinued. The following user has me on block/ignore, yet removes me from block/ignore to quote me and respond and then immediately put me back on block/ignore----

upload_2024-3-14_17-13-48.png

#36     Mar 14, 2024
  7. smallfil

smallfil

Just shows you why ET trolls are much despised on the ET message boards. They keep spreading lies and disinformation and cannot debate the issues. A huge waste of time to engage them. Also, all of them are full of negative energy which anyone can see.

#37     Mar 15, 2024
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  8. themickey

themickey

Aaaaaahhhhh cough cough cough cough......

#38     Mar 15, 2024
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Look at it this way...You were abased by the user with the most posts on the forum? Does that help?

*runs out of room and slams door*

#39     Mar 15, 2024
  10. Darc

Darc

Funny when you put some people on Block, they go all keyboard warrior, threaten to track you down and beat you up, cut you up etc.

P.S. I'm still waiting Semperfrosty, I'll even let you throw the first punch or pull a weapon. Come find me Keyboard Warrior.

#40     Mar 15, 2024