A method or indicator you have discarded!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by inandlong, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Dragn

Dragn

I've only seen a few that really makes a living. Most are out in a couple of months or in days.

Dragn

#31     Apr 3, 2003
  2. lol... (I think tampa did, too.) :D

FRuiTY

#32     Apr 3, 2003
  3. vinigar

vinigar

I got rid of :Time and Sales. Stao's, Level II, MAs...just about everything, except for some volume , candles and Bollinger Bands.

Of course the Braille has been working pretty good:D

#33     Apr 3, 2003
  4. Ditch

Ditch

I used to trade the NQ, nowadays i trade ES, I've come to adapt to it the chop of the Es, giving me more opportunities than the NQ.

#34     Apr 4, 2003
  5. "I used to be big into Insider Trading, but I've been forced to discard that completely for...legal reasons.

Now, when two Moving Averages cross, I put a pack of cigarettes on the weight bench and hope Jimmy the One-Eyed MarketMaker doesn't give me too much slippage.

Wait, that didn't come out right..."

One of the funniest paragraphs I have read yet on this thread!

I used to use MA`s exclusively, but I would get these buy and sell signals with no follow through to be found..that led me to confirm the MA`s with MACD, phase histogram,SK-SD and one prop indicator that if I told you about I would have to kill you
    90% of my trades are done using 5minute candles for entry/exit. The other 10% are swing trades using the daily chart.
    C.

#35     Apr 4, 2003
  6. I got rid of CNBC, most oscillators, ma crosses, and reverse against the trend mentality.

#36     Apr 4, 2003
  7. Wow. That's impressive. Futures are so technically based (as compared to stocks) that I could never dump my charts. I'm helpless without them. I do use time and sales to get a picture of the size and frenzy of trading at given levels, but my charts are my bread and butter. I use 1, 5, 15, and 60 time frames, all ES.

Interesting.

Jay

#37     Apr 4, 2003
  8. Most Bright traders when I was there traded by tape reading. Many were long time vets and quite consistent. Not all of them traded in a hyper fashion though.

Jay

#38     Apr 4, 2003
  9. :cool:

[1]Have discarded most of CNBC-about 51% or more. To be honest I like and agree still with much what Art Cashin [Cashin In]says.

[2]Do double check them and myself on the charts & time & sales.

[3]It's been along time since I've heard 30 minutes of CNBC=30 minutes of Bloomberg T.V.

#39     Apr 22, 2003
  10. I finally turned the lights on ... no more candlesticks.
    I turned the volume completely off.
    I became a minute man ( 1 min bar chart )

Trading got better, but my sex life sure went to hell ! :D :D :D

#40     Apr 22, 2003