A method or indicator you have discarded!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by inandlong, Oct 6, 2002.

1. doher

doher

might work better with a black light and some Jimi Hendrix posters.

doher

#21     Oct 6, 2002
  2. me too, but I only trade es so it's just one quote line

#22     Oct 7, 2002
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Me too nitro. There are days I don't even open up my charts. But I want to read the tape in as many key componants of ES and NQ as I can.

#23     Oct 7, 2002
  4. Wow, this tape-reading is beginning to pick up steam. These guys at the prop firms trading a bazillion shares a day, which is still less than a gazillion, tend to be tape readers.

Hmmmm.....

#24     Oct 7, 2002
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Inandlong. Even though 99% of my career has been in futures, I am not convinced that "futures lead" is even close to an absolute statement. If the mkt opens off sharply on CSCO earnings, then CSCO is leading, and I want to see if it's holding the break, bouncing, bringing other shit down with it ect.

#25     Oct 7, 2002
  6. riggz

riggz

LOL, ooh low blow sarasota :)

#26     Oct 7, 2002
  7. When I first saw point and figure charting, I thought John Madden was now doing trading commentary. I banished it to a corner somewhere.

Picked it up again several months ago and a light came on, at least for longer time frames. Bars and candles can show the same thing, but it's a lot simpler for my feeble brain to follow the signals off the PnF.

I use daily PnF, on stock, sector, and market, to guide my long-term direction. I trade in and out based on other TA, but only in the direction of that longer trend. Granted, I don't trade as often now, but I'm doing much better.

#27     Oct 7, 2002
  8. except price, time, volume, and breadth

#28     Oct 7, 2002
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

#29     Apr 3, 2003
  10. I used to be big into Insider Trading, but I've been forced to discard that completely for...legal reasons.

Now, when two Moving Averages cross, I put a pack of cigarettes on the weight bench and hope Jimmy the One-Eyed MarketMaker doesn't give me too much slippage.

Wait, that didn't come out right...

#30     Apr 3, 2003