A message to those that constantly complain

Discussion in 'Trading' started by intradaybill, May 17, 2011.

1. True dat.

I looked at what he was peddling, nonsense.

#41     May 18, 2011
  2. that's not necessarily a bad thing.

correct me if i'm wrong (i'm still relatively new) but trends are created by major institutions with billions of dollars initiating buy or sell orders

as a small trader, all we have to do is latch onto the trend, ride it for however long we feel comfortable and exit before the trend reverses itself.

those with tons of shares can't sell them all at the market without moving the price. however as an individual small trader, we can use that to our advantage

#42     May 18, 2011
  3. True. But isn't that also an advantage? As big money needs size. Some trades can be profitable but may not be scalable for millions of dollars. One can also follow the elephants knowing you're likely to win given their muscle. A small trader needs to think and trade like a martial artist who uses the opponents own leverage.

Look for situations that offer low risk entries. Squeezes are good for trading in both directions. If someone's hurting they will trade emotionally which is usually a bad trade. Take the other side. For instance that's why fading the gap works timelessly so well on many instruments.

#43     May 18, 2011
  4. [/QUOTE] small capital in "the market" is pwned by real capital, much more than in any other competitive industry. just imo. the imbalance is greater in finance than in any other productive enterprise, exponentially. [/B][/QUOTE]

Two different people trying to do different things, "real capital" can't get in and out in a second like the 1 lot trader . The "real capital" is trying to find liquidity . The 1 lot is usually trying to lean on a bigger fish's order . The market is a facility with enough room for those savvy enough to figure out how the game works.

#44     May 18, 2011

5. aaaaaaand no.

#45     May 18, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

.....The market is a facility with enough room for those savvy enough to figure out how the game works.

Exactly. It's always amazing what I hear here.

#46     May 18, 2011
  7. i'm just speaking from personal experience, and i make no claim against creative genius, which definitely exists in the crowd.

institutions make a profession of hiding their size. the idea of front running real money is kind of obsolete imo, at least from retail information. it's true (in my experience) that it's not a huge deal to identify emotional extremes in price and trade them reasonably well over some period of time.

if you intend to premise your trading though on the idea the elephants move the chart, you have to realize that what you see on the screen in some exchange traded contract represents only a miniscule fraction of where money is actually moving in a given asset.

public and retail accessible exchanges only represent a fraction of the trading world.

#47     May 18, 2011
  8. didn't rich dennis put all that talk to rest years ago? People cannot follow rules.

#48     May 18, 2011
  9. Occam

Occam

Too true for comfort.

Unfortunately, this point (along with a lot of money and time) will be lost on the vast majority of those who attempt trading.

The notion that the right amount of "hard work" can make anyone succeed in trading is patently absurd. Look for the movie "Floored" to see how a number of the world's most experienced -- and formerly profitable -- traders are faring now.

And the market isn't getting any easier.

#49     May 18, 2011
  10. These are your opinions and the opinions of others .There is no statistical evidence.

Maybe you are all part of the 95% of sellers of services to traders i.e training educators, system sellers, software sellers,brokers,signal sellers.

Why would anyone believe you lot hidden behind internet handles.Your motives might be to give a positive feeling about gambling red or black to new traders.

If the noobs realised your ulterior motives , if any, the income to you lot would drop.They would stop taking training education and pay commissions.You all would be out of business.

The red hat is ready.

#50     May 18, 2011