A message to those that are failing....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by short&naked, Jul 27, 2008.

1. The EUR/USD scalper's strategy was "go for broke"! They were trading with play money, therefore the results are meaningless!

#51     Aug 1, 2008
  2. Your "go for broke" hypothesis would work better if the sample size of Burke's currency trades was a lot smaller.

Backtesting is also done with play money. That doesn't affect the validity of the results.

#52     Aug 3, 2008
  3. Boib

Boib

Isn't TA just a manipulation of Price Action to make it visually pleasing.

#53     Aug 3, 2008
  4. That show was BS and you know it! Have him replicate the results with real money.

#54     Aug 3, 2008
  5. i use a dichotomous key once in a while to better understand whats going on.

This one explains how people work their way to failure most of the time.

[​IMG]

#55     Aug 3, 2008

6. This dichotomous key is useful in figuring out how to be an expert trade.

By combining both you get to look at how the range of failure (the message topic here) has been created.

[​IMG]

#56     Aug 3, 2008
  7. lol what a douche. you want to sit back and rip on one guy's trading methods but you won't even give a vague description of how you trade. it's not that hard to do.

for example, I use everything I can get my hands on...fundamentals, technicals (simple ones), displayed orders, news, knowledge of how various programs work, imbalances, economic numbers, and whatever else I find useful. I use all this stuff to minimize my risk and to guage my potential reward.

was that hard to do?

#57     Aug 4, 2008