A Message to the People of the West

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mojahd2006, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Then how do you explain the sunni and shiite civil war going on in Iraq, where they kill each other for believing in different aspects of Muhammad (PBUH) and his teachings? How do you explain why Iraqi's are getting fake ID cards with neutral names so that they are safe when traveling to different parts of the country?

If Muslims are all brothers in faith as you claim, why do they kill one another because of a difference in secretarian belief? Catholics and Protestants have differing beliefs in Christianity, yet they co-exist peacefully (and some deadbolt will likely bring up a war centuries old to try to refute this).

I've read books on Islam. I've read biographies on the Prophet. I've done my best to understand Islam and why there is in-fighting. You, who come to this board professing to be a member of Islam and an expert in it, cannot understand this basic concept?

Frankly, I'm surprised.

#21     Jul 13, 2006
  2. inCom

inCom

Well said.

GS

#22     Jul 13, 2006
  3. LOL!

#23     Jul 13, 2006
  4. TGregg

TGregg

#24     Jul 13, 2006
  5. i guess you forgot about ireland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Protestantism

#25     Jul 13, 2006
  6. I'm curious...did you actually read that wikipedia link you posted? Let me quote some particularly pecante selections:

In otherwords, while Northern Ireland is predominately associated with Catholicism, the conflict there is not a religious one - it is an occupational one.

The conflict in Iraq (between Sunni and Shiite) is not occupational. It is religious, as it has been for centuries and centuries. Therefore, the original poster's comment that Islam is a "brotherhood", is a false one, and your comment that Ireland an example of religious secular violence between Protestants and Catholics, is also a false one.

#26     Jul 13, 2006
  7. stu

stu

Northern Ireland is to do both with religion and British rule. Nevertheless surely the point is, why exactly would those Christian "brothers in faith" - Catholics and Protestants - murder kill and maim each other, by the thousands , over years and years, for any reason ?

Sunni and Shiite conflict is occupational as well as religious also. It is to do with which will run and occupy the the Islamic State in the Arabian Peninsula

#27     Jul 13, 2006
  8. did they ever stop to think that having 72 whining, bitchy virgins around ain't all it's cracked up to be?

dd

#28     Jul 13, 2006
  9. So, you ADMIT to flirting with the idea of becoming a terrorist!

Would you then be a "hobby terrorist?"

DD

#29     Jul 13, 2006
  10. No, sunni and shiite has been going on for far longer than Iraq's occupational issues. It is a distinct difference in the belief of who is responsible for guiding Islam. It has nothing to do with occupation.

Regarding Ireland, it is an occupational issue. If you're going to ask the question "why would Christian "brothers in faith" murder each other, then you'd need to examine the goals of both of them in their killing. That is, if you're going to draw a parallel between secular Islam and Northern Ireland.

The IRA is not interested in destroying the Protestant religion in order to have Catholicism rule Christianity and decide who will make the religious decisions for Christianity in the world to come.

Sunnis and Shiites fight for this exact reason. (Islam)

#30     Jul 13, 2006