A message in a bottle..found my heading.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Fudd_Boomer, Jul 3, 2020.

1. I came to the ET Trading forum a few days ago - grasping for validation of my wacky trading style (tape reading?) - in spite of being a pathetic "noob", I received very kind and helpful replies to my "dancing with the devil" post.

Please don't take this as a snub but I will be sailing "off the charts" for a little while.

I have found my heading - pursuing a course that takes me away from the "fleet" - confident that ahead are unshoaled waters, gentle swells, and fair winds.

Want to say thanks again to this truly wonderful forum - looking forward to the next voyage.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    comagnum, guru and Sekiyo like this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

Good luck :D

3. Overnight

Overnight

Sail on!

4. easymon1

easymon1

5. easymon1

easymon1

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Please no Christopher Cross. Nooooo :)

7. Dear 8 lb 7 oz baby Jesus... a 19-MINUTE-LONG video on how to tie a frickin' bowline???

If it takes you more than 5 seconds after an hour of practice (and for the rest of your life after that), keeping away from boats - and anything more complicated than a granny knot - would be a very good idea.

Nobert likes this.
  8. A little off topic but years ago I had a sailing buddy named Phil - now departed - was a WWII merchant marine vet - he single-handed a beautiful Tahiti Ketch he built from scratch using rented molds - tied a bowline faster than you could blink - he was quite a guy.

Once upon a time I dreamed of sailing South - job/wife/kids/etc. - now I "sail" around the living room.

Nobert and BlueWaterSailor like this.
  9. I spent a bunch of years cruising the Caribbean, then came back via Bermuda and spent a number of years going chasing the warm weather up and down the East Coast. Doing something similar in a 40' RV these days (I'm in the Colorado mountains right now)... but man, I sure do miss the ocean sometimes. I'll return to it one of these years... it calls to me more and more as time passes.

But yeah, tying a bowline should be damn near a spinal reflex. In the dark, behind your back, with one hand if need be - it's just one of those knots you can't live without on a boat.

easymon1 likes this.
  10. Nobert

Nobert

(laughs) yes.

We learned around ~20 different knots in few days. But, probably, we would be those 19 min vid amateurs too, in any other profession.
    (at least in the beginning)

So it never happened ?

#10     Jul 5, 2020